“The PURPLE House”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good for the States Mexican food. Always busy and thats a good sign. We have tried several dishes there and all have been great. This makes you come back for more of the food, but not the unfriendly service. They are prompt, but don't come back to see you you need anything. Sometimes you have to ask for silverware or napkins. ALWAYS have to seek our server to get a check. Think the staff is over extended when busy. They could sell desserts with little effort, but don't ask. Still I like the Mexican food here better than others I have tried.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food is a 10. Freshly prepared and delicious. Ambience is really pleasant, colorful and clean. Service is good, but the wait staff could be a little friendlier. Good for kids, couples or families. Great value. Great outdoor seating area.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We used to drive by this place all the time until someone told us the food was really good and we should give it a try. We were very happy we stopped in. The place is very casual, and it's located along busy McGreggor Blvd, however we always have a great meal. It's now a place we visit every time we go to Ft. Myers.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went there on a recent visit to SWF. Sat outside on the patio as the inside was jam packed. A good sign I guess. As a resident of the SW US, I know my Mexican food and am always a little leary about eating it when my travels take me beyond. So, when my friends suggested La Casita, I naturally cringed. The food was not as bad as I've had elsewhere, but it wasn't the best by far, either. I had the fish tacos, which, but for the fact that the fish was over fried, had decent flavor. Loved the fact that they offer refried beans OR pinto beans. Most places don't and out comes a blob of overcooked, dried refried. The pinto beans where fresh and delicious. The tortillas tasted fresh and were appropriately corn, not flower! The wait staff were very attentive and efficient. Enjoyed the good choice of Mexican beers. I would go again. Worth a try.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The service was good. We had a very friendly waiter. The salsa was very authentic and freshly made. The chips were ok, but the salsa made up for it. We had tacos and fajitas and both were very good. We would go back.