“My favorite restaurant in Fort Myers”
Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Ranked #18 of 958 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

We have been going here for years, never a bad meal or staff.
I order the same thing every time, rack of lamb.
If you want a upscale restaurant in downtown fort myers this is the place for you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We have lived in Florida all of our adult lives and this restaurant is tried and true. Excellent food, service, atmosphere. The old Florida feel of the building is unmatched in the area. It’s my go to for celebrations and romantic date nights.

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Our waiter was Brent and he ably cared for us the entire evening. Two of us had a wonderful shrimp cocktail that was fresh and delicious. I had the fresh grilled Red Snapper that was as good as I have ever had and it was served steaming hot. There was no room for dessert. Our evening was great and we will certainly come back. Thank you.

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

My Husband took me back to Veranda for my Birthday. It was just as wonderful as our time last August. We had the beef carpaccio as an appetizer,both of us couldn’t resist the scallops for our entree and creme brûlée for desert .We requested our same waiter Oscar, who is such a professional, he is so attentive and made us feel so special. I love this beautiful place . I can’t say enough wonderful things about the atmosphere, the food and the service.

1  Thank cookie0316
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We were celebrating my son’s 30th birthday and I was looking for some place special that had great food. Veranda was recommended and the reviews were top notch. Boy were we disappointed. And the $150 price tag was high for what we got. For starters, the bar had no free pretzels or other snacks to go with our $12 glasses of wine. The shrimp cocktail was mediocre -the best description is soggy and the cocktail sauce had no horseradish. We ordered “the bone in ribeye special” It was awful—thin, fatty and tasteless. My ranking would be lower but the building has a pleasant atmosphere and the all male wait staff looked sharp in their black tuxedos.

1  Thank Ted G