“The Veranda is a vintage classic choice of restaurants combining historic flair with fine culinary flavor.”
Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 864 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Reviewed July 27, 2014

When people visit us one of the automatic places to take them for lunch or dinner is The Veranda. Old Florida charm meets New York Steakhouse atmosphere. Loaded with local VIPs, dignitaries, movers & shakers, this is a must stop while touring the River District.

There are newer reviews for The Veranda

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This visit wasn't good. Started off with a black and white tuna sashimi appetizer. Not much tuna. They had a glass of saki with it...nice touch. Entree was a filet ordered rare. Came out more medium and was lumped together with mashed potatoes. Every bite of steak was with mashed potatoes. I would have enjoyed a Rare steak by itself, not mixed with potatoes. Bar vodka and tonic? 7.75. I didn't get the itemized list back after I gave the server my CC. Prices were exhorbitant for what I got. I walked out with a 92$ bill for one person after tip. There are better restaurants in fort myers. Veranda looking old and tired. I took 1/2 my food home and threw it away. Sorry Veranda, the love is gone.

1  Thank sushigirl
Beth W, Director of Marketing at The Veranda, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Sushigirl - I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent dining experience. Our policy at the Veranda is 100% customer satisfaction, but we obviously fell short of that goal for you. Our General Manager, Dennis Genge, has addressed the food quality issues you encountered with our kitchen and staff. You should have been told what the side dishes were when your ordered your entree and then offered a change if you liked and we could accommodate it. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again. Please don't hesitate to contact myself or Dennis at 239.332.2065.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Veranda has been the setting for some of the truly special moments of my life. I celebrated my first year as a business owner in the main dining room with my family, I had my bridal luncheon in the courtyard with my best friends, and my husband and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary in the piano bar. The service is wonderful, the food is exceptional, and it's not just for special occasions! It's a great place to meet friends for a drink after work or meet a business associate for lunch.

If you go for lunch get the Courtyard Burger or the Veranda Steak Sandwich and I guarantee you will not be disappointed. For dinner I recommend starting with the Southern Grit Cakes and ending with the Traditional Florida Key Lime Pie. It's hard to decide on what main entree to recommend because anything you order will be delicious, but if I had to pick one I'd say go for the Southern Sampler, it's a mix of fresh, grilled fish, Gulf shrimp and large sea scallops served with a Prosciutto cream fettuccine, it is so good.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have been frequenting the Veranda for several years and have always found it to be a First Class experience. From the initial greeting by Denny, to all the superb service personnel, we would be remiss not to mention Sabrina in particular. The food is prepared in such a way to suit every ones taste.
The piano bar and the ambiance complete the overall setting.
If you are looking for a fine dining experience, make The Veranda your restaurant of choice.

You will thank me for recommending this fine establishment.

Dave Scanlan

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is a large house converted into a very nice restaurant. It is decorated very nicely and food is great. I have only gone for lunch since it is quite expensive for dinner. I have been there several times and the food has always been great. There is also a lovely outdoor setting which I would say would be great for the winter season in Florida. Too hot in summer.