“Classic service and refined dining makes for a perfect experience”
Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 965 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Veranda restaurant in downtown Fort Myers offers dining elegance and style in an historic home. Patio dining is available to enjoy the beautiful Florida weather and there are small private dining rooms available too. My family has enjoyed holiday meals as well as bringing friends to a restaurant that you are able to appreciate conversation.
Classic menu with a few local dishes. Tableside preparation and service of classic dishes-Caesar salad and flamed desserts.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Lamb chops and blow fish were amazing. The rest of the food was great, appetizer, bread, dessert. I don't mind paying the prices for that kind of food. Waiter needed to loosen up a bit.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I will be fair and say that every square inch of our food was fabulous. The cornbread/jelly/butter. The salad/creamy pepper dressing. My snapper, absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately we were celebrating an anniversary, our friends 15th, big deal right? We order cocktails...extremely friendly service although its apparent they are incredibly understaffed. We wait a good 15-20 mins to get those and me and my 2 girlfriends get 'warm' martinis, yuck. Not only do we get warm martinis, theres no chance I was served a Hendrx Gin martini like I asked for, it tasted bigtime like cheap gin (only later to find out they dont even carry Hendrix Gin). Ok so 50 minutes until we order. Our entire party of 10 is starving and disappointed w our service and experience thus far so 'I', am delegated to politely speak up about our disappointment. Instead of asking for a manager I go directly to the source (our server Duffy) and am prepared to just express our concerns... He approaches me in such an extremely unprofessional way and repeatedly asked me what 'I' want him to do differently...uh, hello, I dont kno...I just want to have a fantastic night out with my friends...so he offers to get me the manager bla bla bla.....leaves me hanging in the hallway for 10 minutes...no manager...im getting bored with this review so ill stop now....long story short....horrendous experience although Duffy was nice enough to comp all of our drinks and wine...yes, that was nice (and extremely appropriate). I dunno that Ill return....it was most certainly uncomfortable and My mind is blown that such a classy place would not even tell me they dont serve Hendrixs Gin....no thanks...

3  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Well worth dining here. We had lunch in the courtyard and it's peaceful, well set out. Service was outstanding and the food was excellent. Prices were less painful than we'd expected considering the place and its reputation. In short, this is one of those keeper places we'll return to in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

One feels like being in another era........valet parking,.fine dining with white linen, servers in tux, piano music, fresh flowers, antiques....all set for a romantic evening. Menu with its signature dishes, rack of lamb, filet with Bernaise, sea bass.....everything fresh.....table side Caesar salad ending with Bananas Foster. Lovely party room for special occasions and beautiful outside Veranda seating. A long time favorite with so much more to offer the discriminating diner.