“Only 5 star place in area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 807 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Only 5 star place in area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

O. M. G. I'm very much of a Chicago foodie and this place could hold its own with any big city restaurant. The Southern Grit Cakes with pepper Jack cheese & Andouille sausage were an amazing app. Bread is served with a red pepper jelly that sounded scary but was out of this world good. If you can sit outside - the setting is beyond beautiful.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank USFoodieGal

Cape Coral, Florida
“Top shelf dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife took me here for my Birthday - it's a real treat to dine here. Great service, menu, drinks and desserts in a pleasant atmosphere - but expect to pay premium prices. Valet parking is free but don't forget to tip the attendant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Doug S
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Old World Charm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had lunch at this lovely place. Don't forget to read the interesting history on the menu. Our table was next to the windows facing the patio. The service was excellent and the food fresh and well presented. I had the Veranda Carpetbagger sandwich and my husband had the Quilted Chicken and both were delicious. We shared a shrimp cocktail to start and the big tasty gulf shrimp were perfect! For dessert we shared the 'triple layered chocolate pate' which was rich and wonderful. We enjoyed everything including the special table bread. We've just moved to Fort Myers and we will dine at The Veranda again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tricia B
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“Very special place for a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I give this restaurant 5 stars across the board. I went there with my wife on our 25th anniversary May 15th 2013. I made reservations a month in advance. I had the roast rack of lamb, outstanding. My wife had salmon, she loved it. The wine selection is one of the best in the area, the desserts over the top. The atmosphere is very quaint and warm. Although not inexpensive, it is worth the price, my favorite special occasion in this area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Guido33976
ny
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Had lunch here after visiting the Edison - Ford Estates. The crab cakes and salads were excellent. Had Key Lime pie for dessert, also excellent. The service was excellent. No problems. Would go back again. Would be a very nice place to go for a romantic meal. Old Victorian atmosphere. Also have patio dining.

• Visited May 2013