“Charmed in Fort Myers”
Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Charmed in Fort Myers”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife & I were treated to a lunch here by friends who live nearby. It was a charming experience. An older structure (compared to all the new construction in the area) in a very nice upscale neighborhood of (newly) brick-paved streets. Various rooms all very nicely decorated. We were seated next to a fireplace. Very nice, reserved, but attentive, staff. At the suggestion of our friends, my wife & I both had the crab cakes. They were fried, and they really were excellent. Three per plate. (I ate my wife's third one.) Served with a unique slightly spicy mustardy tartar sauce (although I'm not sure it really should be called a "tartar" sauce... suffice to say it worked very well with the cakes). Potato salad. A very nice experience. Our friends say they do an excellent dinner during which the staff all wear tuxes. The crab cakes were $13.95, so a little pricey, but not unexpected and perhaps justified given the quality of the presentation and the atmosphere. Would love to return.

Tampa, Florida, United States
“A Nice Find”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have dined in Fort Myers many times but this was a first for us at the Veranda. This is a very upscale restaurant located in an historic home. Everything is immaculate. Service and food are outstanding but the prices are very high. We were glad that we had made a reservation because even though we were there early on a Wednesday evening the restaurant was very busy.

Detroit, Michigan
“Veranda is my favorite place in Fort Myers”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Veranda Restaurant is great. Atmosphere excellent, menu choices excellent, service excellent. Have been no less than a dozen times, inside is beautiful but prefer the outdoor seating at either lunch or evening, during both it is beautiful. Great piano bar inside during the evenings. Food is always excellent!! Try the Crab Cakes, they too are excellent.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Southern Cuisine Meets Shady Acres Nursing Home”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I let my wife make dinner reservations for us as an early Valentines Day gift. She was tipped off by some friends about The Veranda saying it was very good and you won't be disappointed. So, tonight (February 9, 2013) we went and while it was expensive, it was good.

The Veranda looks like an afterthought as it's pretty much shoehorned amidst the tall office complex buildings and Lee County Detention Center. This leads me to believe that the prisoners are getting the same fare you would get at the restaurant. But, all jokes aside, the parking is rather scarce if you want something up close to the restaurant, else you're parking across the street in metered parking ($1.00 per hour). There's valet service if you want some punk college kid driving your car to a nearby parking garage (or "chop shop"), but since we're not a fan of valet parking, we went the way of the metered parking.

Two turn-of-the-century homes connected together for a colonial period dining experience you won't forget. The hostesses were friendly, dressed up in their black dresses, the servers and busboys wearing their crisp white shirts, black bow-ties, and suits. Our server, Pete, was exceptionally knowledgeable of the menu. He made his recommendations and I had the best house salad with blackbeans, artichoke hearts, and a dressing that I highly recommend - ask for the creamy pepperonccini dressing. It's ranch dressing with pepperoncini peppers chopped up. It's spicy and it's delicious. My wife had the house salad with the house honey mustard dressing. All dressings are home made. We ordered two filet mignons with Bernaise sauce and this was to die for! Very juicy! Very yummy! Very clean plates! And for dessert, I had a slice of the chocolate peanut butter pie and my wife had a death by chocolate-type dessert.

The clientele this evening was relatively old. In the dining room section we sat in, we were the youngest couple in the immediate area. Though, there were families with children going to the dining room upstairs. The dress code seems more shirt-and-tie than just a dress shirt and jeans, but I guess if you don't show up wearing your "I Love Fort Myers Beach" t-shirts, Hawaiian shorts, flip-flops, and your knock-off Ray Ban sunglasses you bought at the local beach shop, then you're fine.

If you want to dig deep into the pockets and have some delicious food, then try this place. Just make sure you bring your appetite and be nice to the old folks who eat here. I'll definitely be back again

1 Thank wearytraveler1974
bonita Springs, Florida, USA
“GREAT PLACE FOR BUSINESS LUNCHES”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have had lots of business lunches lately and had one dinner at the Veranda. Within the last 3 months. I did have one bad experience but hey sometimes that happens. I gave them another shot and it has been GREAT!! Sabrina is the Best!!, I ask for her all the time when having business lunches. THANKS SABRINA THE BEAUTIFULL.

A few weeks ago went out with one of our Vendors to the Veranda for dinner. I had no reservation but since my business is close by, we wanted to go there for dinner. There were 3 of us, I called and Denny said sure come right in will take care of you, but you might have to seat in the patio, I said no problem. WOW what a great experience, dinner and service outstanding. Jack our waiter was GREAT he knew his menu. We set outside in the patio was a bit chilly but not bad. They turned the patio heater on for us, nice touch. All 3 of us had the Sea bass it was EXCELLENT, wine GREAT also. We really enjoyed that evening thanks Denny and Jack. My vendor was very very impressed.

Thanks guys keep up the good work. Will see you this Week.

• Visited January 2013