“GREAT PLACE FOR BUSINESS LUNCHES”
Review of The Veranda

The Veranda
Reserve with OpenTable
The Veranda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 868 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of historic downtown Fort Myers. The Veranda will take you away from the hustle & bustle of everyday life to a bygone era of Antebellum charm. The Veranda's romantic setting in two turn-of-the-century homes, combined with our Southern Regional Cuisine, an extensive wine list, and first class service staff will provide you with the most unique dining experience in Southwest Florida. Celebrating our 35th year in business, The Veranda is consistently honored as one of the most award-winning restaurants in the area. Join us and experience the romance, the history and the charm that is the Veranda!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have had lots of business lunches lately and had one dinner at the Veranda. Within the last 3 months. I did have one bad experience but hey sometimes that happens. I gave them another shot and it has been GREAT!! Sabrina is the Best!!, I ask for her all the time when having business lunches. THANKS SABRINA THE BEAUTIFULL.

A few weeks ago went out with one of our Vendors to the Veranda for dinner. I had no reservation but since my business is close by, we wanted to go there for dinner. There were 3 of us, I called and Denny said sure come right in will take care of you, but you might have to seat in the patio, I said no problem. WOW what a great experience, dinner and service outstanding. Jack our waiter was GREAT he knew his menu. We set outside in the patio was a bit chilly but not bad. They turned the patio heater on for us, nice touch. All 3 of us had the Sea bass it was EXCELLENT, wine GREAT also. We really enjoyed that evening thanks Denny and Jack. My vendor was very very impressed.

Thanks guys keep up the good work. Will see you this Week.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Have dined at the Veranda several times over the past few years, including quite recently. Restaurants in SW FL understandably tend to be relatively casual due to the tourist population, but The Veranda provides a more formal dining experience. Nice location in downtown Fort Myers (which itself has undergone significant transformation over the past 2 years), the restaurant is in an old home (one of the oldest in Fort Myers). The atmosphere reminds me more of a Charleston or Savannah restaurant, with lots of wood, nice molding and trim, etc. Service at this restaurant is excellent, with jacketed waiters, a nice bar area, and generally entertainment in the bar area provided by a decent piano player (who surprised me last night by playing Neil Young's "Like a Hurricane" on his grand piano. Solid appetizers like crab cakes (very good), seared scallops (even better), and of course their famous sweet corn bread muffins. Always a nice selection of wines, beers, full bar, etc. Entrees are what you would expect in a higher end restaurant (nice selection of fish, beef, veal, etc, as well as some unusual selections (last night antelope was one of the chef's specials). All in all, not the place to take the kids, but a nice experience for a romantic evening. Tends to be an older clientele. Prices certainly not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either (entrees range from about $18 - $36 or so). Would recommend to others.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Though we don't go very often, this is one of the places wmu husband and I go to for a special date. The service is fantastic as well as the food. I can't wait to return. We need to go more often.

1  Thank Jan N
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Party of three dined recently and enjoyed the evening. Very special place. Everything on the menu is impressive and served in the "classic way" by waiters in tuxedos. For a romantic evening or the special event in Fort Myers, The Veranda has no equal.

1  Thank AKHB
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Elegant inside and outside dining areas and exspansive piano bar create great ambience for romantic night out. My husband had the fish special and I had scallops. Both entrees along with house salads and breads were both excellently prepared and presented. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone who wants to celebrate a special occasion or for just a date night out.

2  Thank Mary Ann C