“Just OK...”

Good for: Families with children
Franklin, NC
“Just OK...”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Friday night, middle of winter, cold "snap" in Fort Myers and there was a 30 minute wait to get in the Shrimp Shack. After we finished our meal, the wife and I agreed; it certainly was not worth the wait even in agreeable weather. The best part of both our meals were the French fries...can you believe that!

The crab cake was mushy, the scampi "unexciting", the oysters under-cooked, runny and mushy, the scallops tasteless, the salad old and freezer cold, the mushroom appetizer one step above pitiful, (deep-fried almost to oblivion). But those fries were to die for...perfect!!! And, the beer was cold, (it was from Milwaukee I think).

All total, not worth the effort or the wait...

• Visited January 2014

Cape Coral, Florida
“I love their clam strips and coleslaw”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is the place I go for clam strips. Not too greasy. I love love love the coleslaw!

Their Cape Coral location closed so luckily I work near this location. My coworker got the white fish sandwich. She like it.

Our super server brought over the dessert platter. There were 6 different dessert options. 5 cakes and one cheesecake. I got the German Chocolate cake and Carrot Cake to go. Can't wait to try them.

New York City, New York
“Consistent and very good at what they do.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

While this is a full-service restaurant, their seafood is the reason for going there. We were there last night. I had fried shrimp. The dinner order is a dozen very large shrimp, in a not overpowering coating. The sauces (cocktail, tartar and the sauce for onion rings) are home made. My wife had the daily special, which was a fish topped with mango salsa (they told us made with locally grown mangos) which she enjoyed. We started with onion rings, clearly freshly cut and breaded, which were excellent.

All and all a very good experience. By the way, Shrimp Shack has lots of coupons, so be on the lookout for them!

Sarasota, Florida
“Great Value, fast service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Four of us went on a Sunday at around 5 pm. We were seated immediately and had a choice of a booth or table.
We all got the day's special, which was soup, seafood selection (we all chose shrimp), 2 sides, and banana pudding, all for $11! One got it broiled and said it was a little spicy. The rest of us got fried and it was very good. We all received 8 or 9 decent sized shrimp.
I paid extra for the onion rings and was glad I did. They looked to be home made with a delicious hint of pepper. The Cole slaw was very good. The pudding tasted like it was from a can but what do you want for 11 bucks?
Our server Steve L. did a fine job and we were not kept waiting for anything.
We will eat here again when we are in town.

Fort Myers, Florida
“The White Fish entree is awesome!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I love Shrimp Shack's White Fish dinner. It comes 3 ways, fried, grilled or blackened. I get it blackened and it is awesome. My friend got it fried and it was also very, very good. It also comes with two side dishes. Here a few of the sides, applesauce, french fries, mashed potatoes, green beans or house or Cesar salad. Shrimp Shack other dinners also very good. This is one of the best dollar values for eating in Fort Myers. I have never had a bad meal. Shrimp Shack has beer and wine but no liquor.

Visited October 2013