“No complaints here!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Regardless of the location I've visted, I've always enjoyed the food. Of course it's expensive, like all quality sushi is, but I'd say it's pretty worth it. As a frequent diner myself, my family and I like to order carry out trays because they're less expensive than individual rolls overall. "Out of the Blu" is our favorite. You also must try the Volcano rolls. They're spicy mayo is amazing. When I do eat in, I like to try their ginger salad and soup as well.

The service and atmosphere will all depend on the location you visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Blu Sushi is a very grown up bar and restaurant, probably a little too grown up for my liking as the staff seem a little preoccupied with themselves rather than the customers. The sushi is a good standard and so is the atmosphere. Just a shame about the service.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The sushi was pretty good, But it didnt "wow" me. The drinks were very overpriced.. More garnish in them than liquid lol. The atmosphere was enjoyable...The service was terrible :( The waitresses were completeley unknowledgeable about the sushi they had, and unaware of if any substitutions were possible (to substitute brown rice, for example) What really got me, is the way they handled the other customers.. Every table had an ashtray; and we had a smoker in our group, so we chose to eat outside. Shortly after, a family with small children sat next to us, (as our guest had a cigarette NOTICEABLY LIT already) and then started loudly complaining about the smoke. One of them even went as far as to say, "Look at her, with that smirk on her face, like she enjoys poisoning small helpless children with her toxic fumes". I mean, Really? What a gross exageration, and a horrible thing to say about anyone in the first place, but why would you CHOOSE to sit next to a table that had a guest OBVIOUSLY smoking? By the way, there were other tables outside open... I'm not for, or against smoking. But for gods sake, if it bothers you so much, don't put yourself in that situation... We proceeded to tell our server about this obnoxious, unnacceptable behavior, and did she remind the other table that the outside area, is a smoking area, and if they wanted to move inside they were more than welcome to?? No. She asked US to move inside, move elsewhere, or "go for a little walk" if our guest chose to smoke. LOL. No problem. We'll go for a little walk down to a better restaurant, like Tokyo Bay, Kumo, or Osaka.

1  Thank Sam A
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The boyfriend and I wanted to try something new, so we gave Blu a shot. Hands down the best sushi in town, even if there aren't many options. The restaurant had a cool vibe, made a perfect date night. While the drinks were pricey, they were tasty and strong. I'll be back next sushi-craving.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Always go for the endless lunch, its a great deal!
The endless lunch is a daily special from 11:30-2:30, it includes soup, salad, and sooo much great sushi!
My boyfriend and I visit as much as possible and I always bring out of town guests here!
Drinks are over priced however.

Try the lava drop!