“Management”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Management”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Store MAnagegers Cursing at emoployess. VERY DISGUSTED BY THIS ACTION..... Shawn should be fired!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2013

Estero, Florida
“Nice Fast Food Option - Recommend”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Never been to a Pollo Tropical (Chicken On The Grill) before today ... what a nice surprise! This is a new recently opened restaurant in the very popular Gulf Coast Mall location (many shops, movie theater, Costco, Bass Pro, other traditional restaurants, etc) in south Fort Myers.

You have the option to eat inside or use the drive-up to go ... we chose the inside option and found a nice decor, wifi , pleasant helpful staff, quality food that is inexpensive (e.g. 1/4 chicken with two sides only $5.49 ), food came out fast and was very tasty. We will return again - if you like chicken recommend you give it a try ... nice fast food option vs the tradition burger joints.

• Visited April 2013
Estero, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The exterior was scrubbed clean before it opened and the bright colors and happy decor made it someplace I wanted to go to. What a disappointment. I guess I expected something to the standrad of the short-lived Ron Doa's Piri Piri Chicken Restaurant. It did not even come close. My 1/4 dark meat chicken lunch consisted not of a thigh and leg but of a back portion with a small part of the thigh and a small leg. There was barely any meat on it and it was dry. I sent it back. The temperature was tepid and the waffle fries, though very tasty, were cool not hot. Since they had just opened I wondered how long they had been standing around. In its place I got the 1/4 white meat breast and wing. Also small and somewhat dry (I always felt white meat was dry but this was really dry). The roll that came with it was soft but pre-packaged. Nothing special. My friend got the boneless chicken breast and black beans and rice that she said was very good. The chicken was small but tasty. She also got something called Yuca that had garlic and said it was unusal but good. The prices were too high for the portion sizes. Certainly not worth it. However, the staff were all friendly and willing to help. I would not go back there. She would. There was difficulty also in the set-up. The condiments were in the rear northside of the restaurant and the soda dispenser was in the far north corner. Too much walking thru the tables to get refills. I miss Piri Piri but it was in a "bad luck" locatiuon - several good restauarnts have died there. This one is located at Gulf Coast Mall but I won't go back

• Visited April 2013
Auburn, Alabama
“Not a Fan of it friends...”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

My brother inlaw recommended Pollo to my hubby for their authentic 'Cuban style food' so we were anxious to give a whirl.
The concept is good but the execution fails miserably..
The front desk staff was half hearted and did not explain the process to us at all~ we felt embarrassed to not 'get the concept'. A young father informed the staff that his child had tossed their lunch. They told Him to not 'worry about it & leave'. He was appalled and let them know perhaps they needed to clean it up immediately as a health hazard. Bizarre really that they were lackadaisical about it.
Anyhoo, the food looks delicious and was 'so so' in my opinion. The concept of the salsa bar is fun though.
When our table asked for drink straws we were told they were out & should receive a new delivery In the next hour...HUH?
I won't try again; plenty of other places with great flavor and food that is piping hot rather than lukewarm.
Sorry Pollo~ it was not Loco for me ):

Florida
“Good food decent prices fast service”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The menu has lots of options chicken riblets wings salads plenty of sides as well. The chicken is grilled in front of you. It tastes really good moist and flavorful. There is a counter/ bar that offers you sauces. Like salsa barbecue cilantro etc. you can choose what you like. The place has a drive up and typical line inside but you can also stay to eat in ....order and they will bring it to your table. What I did not like about that was that there was no separation from the public and your food as they place the order on a large tray as the food comes out. So I saw the tray just sitting there waiting to be taken to the table while patrons that were a foot away came to order their own food YUCK .. They should consider holding the tray behind the counter till its ready to be served! We ordered wings which were good riblets which were on the small side and despite asking and being told a meal came with three lengths of riblets iit only came with two. The taste was okay only. Also ordered a quesadilla wrap which was tasty tho small. The chicken meal was the best. The corn side was ok to good. The yellow corn with veggies was good and the roll was tasteless and heavy. Service was fast and wait staff was friendly. For a fast food chicken place better than most.