“Astonishingly Good for Fast Food Mexican”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats
Ranked #321 of 872 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Every Tijuana Flats meal is MADE TO ORDER with the freshest ingredients that are prepped the same day you enjoy them. We're even up early scratch making our chips, tortillas, queso, guac and salsa. Always have, always will. No microwaves or freezers Vegetarian, lard-free beans No canned foods EVER ZERO trans-fat cooking oil Hormone-free chicken, pork & steak
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity of the food we enjoyed last night. For a fast food place, Tijuana Flats was very tasty with only fresh ingredients. We both ordered blackened chicken burritos. Mine had the "wet" addition of green sauce and my fiancee had hers plain. The "wet" sauce was the deciding factor that made my burrito much tastier. This place deserves mention because it is priced decently and the food was good.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Nothing worse than a burrito with nothing on top. But getting agreement on what goes with that stuffed tortilla is not as easy as getting Congress to pass legislation.

But Tijuana Flats has a solution that at least brings a smile (and sometimes tears) to my face.

They have a Salsa Bar.

Before you go off thinking of some exotic dance moves, think hot sauces. Lots of them. Unlimited quantity and great variety. From Sissy to Death Wish.

Take a handful of little cups and start filling them with a variety of sauces. Something for everyone.

I started with 8 different containers and went back for more. I am not a wimp and always order Thai Hot plus with my curry choices. But some of those Death Wish selections literally took my breath away.

I did the Carnitas filled burrito with jalapenos (of course) lettuce and onions on the inside. But it is the sauce bar that makes this more than a fast food choice.

You will find a decent variety of choices if a burrito is not in your plans, but if you are thinking Chipolte's and tobacco sauce you are going to be delighted with the variety presented here.

Lot's of other places to go for ambiance and presentation.

But if you like life on the spicy side, those sides of spices are pretty special.

And if you don't want anything on top, there is always Orient Bay on St Maarten's.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a late evening Taco snack at Tijuana Flats. We had chicken tacos and although they were good, the chicken was a little bland but I guess that is why they have a hot sauce buffet with 10 - 15 hot sauces in pump dispensers to try. They have from mild to ghost pepper hot so you can risk how hot you want to go. My son had the cookie dough flautus for dessert and he said they were awesome.
I was going to rate the restaurant "average" because it is fast food Mexican (way better than T.B.) but the service was good, the staff friendly and the desserts awesome so I gave them a "very good"

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The food is good, but this place is very interesting. I don`t quite understand the mixture between fast food and service. First you have to stay in line and order and then they have the food brought to you... . And if this is not enough two employs welcomed us at the front door to explain us how this system is going to work.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nah, nothing special. Moe's is way better, in my opinion! The queso was disgusting. It was like the artificial yellow-orange looking "cheese" that comes out of a machine at gas stations. To add more fuel to that fire, it had a gross skin over the top, ick! The burrito was way small compared to their competitors and they aren't very generous with the fillings. Lots of extra tortilla...what a waste. Also, I prefer to watch it being made in front of me so I can pick my toppings as I go. Burritos are like works of art: you need to decide as you go! Feel me? Oh yeah, the chips were stale. Another thing, It also seemed really expensive for what we got. Two meals, chips and queso, one beer, and one soft drink was about $35. Nope! The pros: the place was pretty clean and the atmosphere is fun. Oh, and I like the hot bar! Additionally, the staff was friendly. Verdict: skip it. You will probably be disappointed. Boo.