“Interesting place”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats
Ranked #308 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Every Tijuana Flats meal is MADE TO ORDER with the freshest ingredients that are prepped the same day you enjoy them. We're even up early scratch making our chips, tortillas, queso, guac and salsa. Always have, always will. No microwaves or freezers Vegetarian, lard-free beans No canned foods EVER ZERO trans-fat cooking oil Hormone-free chicken, pork & steak
Giessen, Germany
“Interesting place”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The food is good, but this place is very interesting. I don`t quite understand the mixture between fast food and service. First you have to stay in line and order and then they have the food brought to you... . And if this is not enough two employs welcomed us at the front door to explain us how this system is going to work.

Visited May 2014

Fort Myers, Florida
“Ehhh....”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nah, nothing special. Moe's is way better, in my opinion! The queso was disgusting. It was like the artificial yellow-orange looking "cheese" that comes out of a machine at gas stations. To add more fuel to that fire, it had a gross skin over the top, ick! The burrito was way small compared to their competitors and they aren't very generous with the fillings. Lots of extra tortilla...what a waste. Also, I prefer to watch it being made in front of me so I can pick my toppings as I go. Burritos are like works of art: you need to decide as you go! Feel me? Oh yeah, the chips were stale. Another thing, It also seemed really expensive for what we got. Two meals, chips and queso, one beer, and one soft drink was about $35. Nope! The pros: the place was pretty clean and the atmosphere is fun. Oh, and I like the hot bar! Additionally, the staff was friendly. Verdict: skip it. You will probably be disappointed. Boo.

Visited April 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Not real but ok”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Well my search for a authentic burrito continues!!!

First Staff is OUTSTANDING and its really clean even during a rush

As I read the other remarks I could tell these folks have NEVER had a REAL burrito..

This is a hybrid. The REAL burrito was made in the 40's/50's in the Mission District of San Francisco, Ca. I lived there for 35 years I know.

This is the place for the 21st century. OK but NOT great as old school.

My PORK BURRITO
I will start the dissection of it with the GOOD points..
My pork was lean and pretty tasty. They used real fresh jalapenos ( added extra as my request..).. That had refried beans( a must) mmm that's it.

Other good. They offered 15 different types of HOT sauces. from eye opener to Kill your taste buds and sweat it out. EXCELLENT.

But really 10....., TEN DOLLARS FOR this mediocre imitation .
They also offered lettuce on this ...really OMG. No salsa on the side. Chips alright.

Here is the ingredient's of a REAL stop your heart fill your belly for at least 2 meals.
Choice of meats chile verde, roast pork, steak, ground beef, chicken, beef tongue.
(Meats cooked on a grill.) 10 inch tortilla , your choice, cheese , salsa - home made mild -hot -to wild., Cheese. sour cream, black beans, pinto beans, refried beans. NEVER LETTUCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
weight 8-10 ounces cost a year or so 7-8 dollars.
For a pretty close REAL burrito go to Super Taco in North Fort Myers

But since choices are limited this is NOT A BAD PLACE.

• Visited April 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“2 for Tuesday tacos $5.49”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent visit, great deal go on Tuesdays, fast and friendly, Haylie was great!!!!
Thanks again, will be back...

“To small to busy and stale”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been to other Tijuana Flats before will not return to this one. First reason hygiene one of the staff coughs into her hand then promptly fills the ice bucket for sodas, then starts serving food. Never stopped to wash her hands. Second it is the size of a closet I would guess they could seat about 30 people. Third the taco shells were stale, where's the meat.
Overall just not worth it.

Visited September 2013