“Very fine Mexican dinning.”
Review of Cinco Amigos Mexican Cantina - CLOSED

Cinco Amigos Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Very fine Mexican dinning.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Cinco Amigos was a truly wonderful find. This is a standalone locally owned and operated restaurant. The service, food and atmosphere are all superb.
Our server, Marc, took very good care of us. We started with two appetizers that turned out to be a great deal of food. No problem here with the portion size. The Guacomole Hecho Meesilla was very good. It was prepared tableside by Marc. You can’t get any fresher than that! Next was the 7 Capa Inmersion. This was yet again very ample in size very tasty.
Because of the amount of food in the two appetizers we chose to share an order of Chili Rellenos. It also was more than enough for two. The sauce was very good and the cheeses delicious.
The interior of the restaurant is very attractive and conducive to fine Mexican dining. The entire operation was extremely clean and well maintained. We were there at Christmas time and they had appropriate decorations that were not overdone.
Highly recommended for Mexican dining. Great service and very fine food at reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MikeCapeCoral

Fort Myers, Florida
“Won't be going back”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Was so happy to see this new restaurant in North Fort Myers. I always wait awhile to try a new place so they can work out the kinks first. I went tonight about 7pm. I was by myself. The hostess seated me facing a couple that were sitting side by side so we faced each other. Very uncomfortable for me. There were many open tables. But ok. I ordered a cheese enchilada with no rice. I got a chicken enchilada with rice. I sat there for awhile and finally got up to find my waitress. She came over and said no, it's cheese. I had to show her the chicken. She disappeared and I just sat there. Another waitress came by and I asked her to get a manager. She said ok. Again I just sat there. By this time I had been there 1/2 hour. I finally got up to leave. I went to the hostess station to explain, and no one was there. A cook saw me and I said, listen, I just wanted to let someone know I was leaving and I wasn't running out on a check. He said he would get the manager. I said I already tried that! He said she was right there and to wait. By the time the manager got there I was really over it! She said I will get your meal at no charge but I was done there. She made it for me to go. So much for that evening out. As for the food, very bland, with no taste. You don't think bland when you think Mexican. Tip: try Super Taco in the strip center beside Walmart where Payless is. Not a fancy place, but good Mexican at a much lower price.

1 Thank Avis239
North Fort Myers, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not go back here again!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were very disappointed with our experience at this restaurant.We had not been here before,we had gotten two $20.00 gift card for Christmas, so we decided to use them last night.
It was not crowded, we asked for a table instead of a booth, we were put directly across from the kitchen, which was hot.We ordered two house margarita's, our waitress Rhonda told us she had just returned from Mexico, and that their's were better than the ones in Mexico. They weren't, they were not very good at all. The salsa was o.k., have had better at Igauna Mia's. My daughter ordered the combo dinner of bean burrito with two cheese enchiladas, with the sides of refried beans and black beans, She brought us black beans and the rice, my daughter does not like spanish rice. She offered to bring a plate of refried beans and for us to share, (and scrape off the rice on our plates) She finally brought our beans, on seperate plates(we jsut left the rice on our plates) The burritos and enchiladas were cold,at least the beans were hot, I don't think I would be a fan of the burrito or the enchiladas even if they were hot. When it came time to pay, we used our two gift cards and our debit card to pay the rest. She was gone over 10 minutes,there only about 4 other tables at this time, she said she had trouble doing it , that she was new and needed help from the other girl. Fine, I understand , until today we I checked my bank statement, I got charged twice, once for the full amount of the check, the 2nd one for the amount before the tip. I called the restaurant, and was told by the girl answering the phone that this happened to her too and she works there! Had to talk to the manager twice, was told that that the only amount I should be charged would be the rest of the bill plus what my husband had left for the tip. I am not sure if I can trust this, I will be checking my bank balance again.

• Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“my favorite Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

wonderful food, great host, great service and value. Food was outstanding. very clean, modern, comfortable place. best value in Fort Myers area.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Larryo
“Everything Great”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Loved this place!! Finally we've found a Mexican restaurant that's comparable to what we left in Minnesota. The service was superb, the bathroom and all else were squeaky clean. Everything new and so beautiful! And the food!! So-o-o good! AND complimentary chips and salsa, an anomaly in southwest Florida! We plan to be regulars. Also they're starting a frequent diners' card which gets you free gas - and not just from the beans!

1 Thank Darlene C