“Fantastic Food”

Fat Katz Sports Bistro
Ranked #24 of 887 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We specialize in made from scratch foods. We grind our own meat, make our own brioche every day. Also make items like pierogis and stuffed grapelease by hand. All our desserts from scratch as well. Come give us a try - we also have 19 craft beers on tap.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Went there last week on our way to Ft Myers Beach from the airport. We needed some lunch after we landed and this was perfect. It was so good we stopped on the way back to the airport a week later. It looks like a sports on the outside and inside, but the food is fantastic. We listened to the earlier reviews and ordered the short rib quesadillas, hummus, and pierogies. Awesome. So good. The kids had burgers and fries. Both were excellent. I cannot recommend enough.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The tiny but mighty Fat Katz has been our absolute "go to" place for the last 6 months, so this review is very much overdue. No exaggeration, the food here ranks right up there with the best Fort Myers and Lee County have to offer. I've probably taken over a dozen different people here, and they've all been blown away by how good this little place is.

Take your standard sports bar fare, sophisticated Gastropub menu up to their highest levels, and you have Fat Katz. Everything is handmade, super fresh, and deliciously prepared.

Since I've eaten my way through virtually the whole menu over two dozen or so visits, I'll take you through the whole thing. Everything comes with thin hand-cut fries, and these are the best in town.

Starters:
Wings: Though they make 5-6 varieties, I've tried only the standard Hot and the Caribbean Jerk. The regular Hot are delicious and right up there with the best in Fort Myers. The Caribbean Jerk are very unique, but also very tasty for a change of pace.

Short Rib Quesadilla: Wonderful and very filling. If you aren't starving, this is a good meal in itself.

Stuffed Grape Leaves and Pierogies: What are these doing here? I don't know, but both are delicious and very generous portions.

Sandwiches:
Gordo Gato Cubano: The pork is perfectly cooked and this is one damn good variation on the Cuban sandwich.

Cheesesteak: The best I've had since the original Philly Junction off MacGregor closed. Real rib-eye steak on this one!

Shrimp BLT: Fried or Grilled. Served on a baguette. Both kick [--], really.

Not-so-plain Chicken Sandwich: With fresh mozzarella and roasted red pepper-- perfect combination. Delicious if you want something a little lighter.

Grilled Bistro Turkey: Real Turkey with swiss cheese and cranberry relish. My favorite sandwich on the menu. Just right. I could eat one right now!

Burgers: The BEST in Lee County. They have several varieties, but the Southwest Burger with roasted Poblano peppers and salsa verde is unique. Whenever I get the burger craving now, only Fat Katz will do!

Flatbread Pizzas: I've never tried these, but they look really good.

Deserts: made there fresh. The Key Lime Pie is really perfect. Their Cheesecake is amazingly good (this from a Brooklyn boy). They usually have a special pie too, and though I can't remember any of the varieties I've tried, they've all been terrific.

Did I mention Fat Katz Beer Menu? 19-20 types on tap last time I counted, and probably another 25-30 varieties in the bottle. Whoever runs this place, really knows his beer.

To sum it up, this place produces QUALITY food in generous portions, with delicious results.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stopped here for lunch while visiting my son in Ft. Myers. It was a Saturday afternoon and the patio area inside were very busy. Our waitress was very prompt and friendly. They have a nice menu with a good variety of food. I ordered a Chef Salad and was very surprised and pleased when it arrived. It was one of the best I have ever had. I was told this started out as a bar and they had to expand because the food was so good. Definitely come for the food.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great food is everywhere in the Ft. Myers/Sanibel area but for some reason great beer is not. After several unsuccessful attempts at finding a world class IPA, I wandered into this place. What a pleasant surprise! While other waitresses in other restaurants replied to our inquiries with "I don't know what that is?" or "What does hoppy mean?", the staff here spoke about their great selection of beers with confidence and pointed us in the direction of a couple of very good India Pale Ales. The food was exceptional as well. Expect normal bar food well executed and you will not be disappointed. There is nothing fancy here but what they do, they do very well. I had a shrimp hoagie stuffed with perfectly cooked shrimp with a side of perfectly crispy hand cut fries. My wife, a vegetarian, was able to find some decent options too which is not easy to do in most restaurants much less most sports pubs. You may want to think twice before coming here with a very large crowd as it is a very small space. The vibe is something like a neighborhood bar that is friendly to tourists. It's laid back but professional, clean, and inviting with a few safe but colorful characters at the bar.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

On the way to a Spting Training game and decided to try a new place not far from the stadium. So stopped at Fat Katz and boy way I surprised.... they had 19 craft beers on tap with another 50 in bottles. I know you're thinking stuff like Sam Adams, but no how about Delirium tremens on tap!!! On yea this is a restaurant so I guess I should also talk about the food....This food was another great surprise... The burgers were cooked to order with hand cut fries. They also had some great specials. All in all a great stop!! By noon on the day we were in they had standing room only... so enjoy!!