“The name says it all” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fort Myers, Florida
“The name says it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Very fresh ingredients, awesome service, and great flavors. Wonderful for vegetarian/vegan options! just an FYI, This is a very small location with limited seating.

Cape Coral, FL
“Good food but poorly managed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

First visit was a good experience. Enjoyed a really tasty flatbread that was top notch. Second visit ordered take out and they gave me the wrong order. Third visit I showed up at 9:05 pm and was turned away even though their own website listed closing at 10:00pm. From my years of experience, I can say that a really good cook is not always a really good manager. I suggest hiring a qualified manager for your first venture in reatuarant ownership. I guess I would say this place is hit or miss.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CapeCoralTravelers
SW Florida
“wandered in for lunch today and it was very well done”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent wines by the glass, well priced with a house preference for well priced euro wines, at least from what I could see. Protocolo Rose, a very dry spanish wine at $4!!!

I ordered a vegetable tartine. Very light and delicious. That made room for an excellent creme brulee, nutella, no less and a glass of pink sparkling french to wash it down. There was a nice vibe to the place, very friendly and clean.

FWIW, the chef said he really didn't want to emphasize the carry-out feature. I think that might be a mistake as I just read today that much of their demographic (at least I think they are trying for a younger foodie audience) prefers carry-out...I think I read 70%.

This is a good improvement from the last inhabitants of this space.

Cape Coral, Florida
“C'est si bon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We've had our eye on Mad Fresh for a while now, and had lunch there today. So glad we did! One's first impression is of a take-out place with some table/booth seating and chairs at the counter; bright colors on the walls and French posters; an open, clean-looking kitchen so you can watch food being prepared if you're sitting at the counter or waiting for take-out: minimal, but inviting. While we were there some folks sat at the counter, some at tables, and a couple of people came in for take-out. We ordered the tartines, open-faced sandwiches consisting of a big slab of bread loaded with your choice of several toppings, in our case the "Euro meaty": serrano ham, chorizo, salami, and a side of salad greens; and the "ratatouille": chunks of grilled chicken, roasted vegetables (eggplant, yellow squash, onions...), and a side of lightly-dressed watercress salad. Both delicious. The tartines may seem a little on the pricey side ($10-$12), but they're generous, and unique! We saw several people get stone-fired flatbreads, which also come in several guises ($10-$14): they look fantastic, and are easily enough for 3 fairly hungry people to share. Also saw burgers served that looked and sounded great. You can get a side of truffle french fries with tarragon aioli for $5.95; we will next time... There are daily specials on a blackboard, today steak tartare, steak-frites, a flatbread of the day, and nutella crème brulée. There is a limited but good and reasonably-priced selection of wines by the glass or the bottle. Service by Maura was attentive and friendly, and the chef was equally welcoming. Everyone, both in the kitchen and on the customers' side of the counter seemed to be enjoying themselves and appreciating serving and eating wonderful food. This is an unusual place for Fort Myers, in terms both of eating experience and of atmosphere, really sort of reminiscent of a small French bistro (be prepared to be scolded if you ask for ketchup for your fries, and you'll deserve it!) We didn't see the sous-vide selection of prepared dishes, but will enquire about them next time.
This is a casual place, but they take food seriously. If you do too, you owe it to yourself to try out Mad Fresh Urban Bistro.

1 Thank LunchisUs
Fort Myers
“awesome surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stumbled upon the reopening of Mad Fresh. My first visit I was amazed by the flat bread pizza with goat cheese and mushrooms, I told them I would return again, well I did tried the special which was a BLTT(bacon, lettuce, tomato and tuna WOW!! what a great sandwich..Will make sure to visit again but bring your wallet it is not your $5.00 footlong..Get what you pay for fresh, quality ingrediants and a great atmosphere..

• Visited November 2012