“Super Supper!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I had the shrimp and grits - a favorite at southern restaurants. I'd have to put theirs in the top five. There were five of us and the food all came out at the same time, hot and tasty. While I was able to finish my plate, almost everyone else needed a doggy bag (there's that much).

There are newer reviews for Fancy's Southern Cafe

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have hesitated trying Fancy's because I'm not a fan of Southern country dining. However, after a friend suggested and invited me to lunch at this restaurant I decided to give it a try. WOW, WOW......was I surprised and delighted. Walked in to a lovely, friendly, very well decorated venue. Seated, ordered, served......fresh crawfish étouffée, ice tea and fried okra. Fresh, delicious. My friend had the triple cheese grilled sandwich with Texas toast prepared perfectly with homemade tomato soup and spicey slaw. All absolutely delicious. I also couldn't take my eyes off every dish that came beautifully prepared out of the kitchen. I will be back. BTW.....the decor is just so cute. Doors, drawers, knobs, frames, old school auditorium seats, a huge church pew and beautiful hydrangeas on the tables. Definitely a restaurant that should be given a chance.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

We went here for lunch and were surprised at how authentic and delicious this food was. We ordered fried green tomatoes to start, which were lightly battered and cooked to perfection. My wife had the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and cole slaw. I had the fried catfish, which had two huge portions for lunch, cheddar grits like my mother used to make and collard greens. The chicken was so deliciously flavored that we got a full dinner order to take home in addition to our lunch. We also got a piece of red velvet cake to eat later. This is by far, the best southern food I've had in Florida.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you want good southern comfort food this is your place! Everything from country fried steak to shrimp & grits to chicken & waffles plus steak to seafood - you cannot go wrong here!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This is a great place for Shrimp & Grits! Although it is more grits than shrimp, I cannot complain about the wonderful flavor or the presentation. They also have things like fried chicken and waffles...together on the same plate. This seems to be very popular because I see this on many plates walking by. Meatloaf, spicy slaw, sweet potato soufflé, chicken salad on a croissant, chicken pot pie. Food is great here, but if you are looking for something light there are very few low calorie choices on the menu. Come with a good appetite.