“Nice meal”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice meal”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I recently stopped at Fanny's on my way to catch a flight at RSW. I was early and was the only one in the place. Initially, it took a while for the server to appear but once he did, he did a nice job. I tried the crawfish etouffee, which came out piping hot and had plenty of crawfish, Andouille, and tasso in a tomato base. It was very flavorful but a bit salty. Having grown up in MD, I am always wary of crab cakes but the waiter assured me that the only complaint they've ever had is that there isn't enough breading (how is this possible?). I gave them a try and was pleasantly surprised. They were almost all crab. Although corn relish and fried green tomatoes aren't the norm in MD, this entrée was very good. The sides of collards and grits were also very good. I'd definitely return if I'm in the area.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Yummmm!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was my first visit to Fancy's and what can I say? Paula Deen would be proud of this place. The food is great, we will be back and work our way down the menu because I want it all!!! Our waiter Jared was hilarious and awesome, he made sure we were taken care of the entire time. We started with the deviled eggs, then I had the fried chicken and my hubby had the pot roast... it was all fantastic. The decor was charming and original, walls were clad with tin roof panels and wooden window panes. Can't wait to return.

Hawaii
“Great southern food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Loved the southern food that is hard to find at such a high quality! If you like fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits.... You have to try this restaurant. Great service too!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice hole in the wall out of the wat resturant to find.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife was recommended this restaurant by a call out on social media for Mom and Pop type restaurants to visit in the area as we have lived in SW FL most of our lives and are growing tired of the normal chain restaurants that we frequent. They place is very nice and the decor is fantastic, elegant but charming. At first it took me back a bit wondering if we were under dressed as we were in shorts as typical during SW FL summer lunch time, but as it turned out we were fine. The service was great, the food was presented well and had a distinct artisan touch to it. It is a specialty restaurant and healthy choices are hard to find among the Southern style foods, This is a very great place for lunch we have not tried the dinner yet but I am sure looking forward to it.
The only draw back is it's out of the way location, you have to hunt it down because you will not stumble upon it by accident.

Naples
“One of my favs!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I can't get enough of Fancy's! I'm originally from Alabama and grew up on Southern Soul food. Fancy's takes good ole' southern food to a whole new level.

The chicken and waffle is out of this world and the fried okra and deviled eggs are a must have.

Every-time I have friends in town it's my "go to" restaurant.