“Worth a shot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I'd have to agree with Lois813- the service is seriously lacking. My server seemed overwhelmed and I was displeased that I could hear the kitchen staff complaining about having to be there. I was also disappointed in the fried okra as it seemed to be frozen rather than fresh. Other than those issues, the food is definitely worth trying. Good reviews on the shrimp and grits from another person in my party. Nice decor!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had lunch at Fancy's with a friend and would definitely recommend this restaurant if you can't get to the Carolinas, the Panhandle of Florida or Georgia for Southern cooking . I had their chicken salad with candied pecans on a croissant and a side of cheesy grits, and my friend had their very decadent grilled cheese with homemade tomato soup. We share our lunches and decided we would definitely return. I want to try the shrimp and grits--my all-time favorite whenever I can get it. The service was very good, in spite of the fact that someone had called in sick. My only objection would be that it could get a bit noisy at dinner with all the tables full because of all the hard surfaces.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I fell in love with this restaurant as soon as I walked through the doors. It's got a great southern atmosphere and charm. When you go, make sure to look around- I was amazed at some of the details. Both the wait staff and the kitchen staff were attentive and polite. Our service was speedy and not lacking in any way, Unlike some of the other reviews, we were visiting on a rainy Monday afternoon and the restaurant was not very crowded- maybe this is the difference in service that we noticed. We shared the fried green tomato appetizer-it was delicious and I don't regularly order this. Our entrees were the fried chicken (with collard greens and mac and cheese) and chicken pot pie (with black eyed peas and mac and cheese). The fried chicken was perfectly fried to a golden brown exterior. The meat was juicy and flavorful. The chicken pot pie was also delicious- it was close to a chicken soup with lots of large pieces of white meat, topped with a flaky homemade bread/crust. To finish off, we ordered banana pudding for dessert. No sooner had Carlos, our waiter, informed us they were out of it, than one of the cooks popped over to our table to tell us he was making some fresh and it would only take a few minutes. The portion would have been enough to feed three or four- we shared and still had enough to take home. The prices were reasonable. Appetizers started around $7 and entrees started around $13. I noticed that they had a beer and wine menu, but they don't have a full bar. Our only complaint was that they didn't serve any bread, nor did we see any on the menu. Our meals would have been perfect with some southern cornbread. We'll be back...and we'll definitely refer our friends and family to this spot.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We have eaten at Fancy's several times. The naked ribs are excellent as is the filet mignon. Etouffe was delicious. House salad was typical salad with fruit and nuts, everything in the salad was fresh and delicious. Fried chicken has light crisp coating and is moist on the inside. Each time we ate at Fancy's wait staff seemed to rush around and look busy, but never really did a whole lot, when they actually did stop at the table would say, I'll be right with you and walk away ?? Great food, but be prepared to be frutrated by the wait staff.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Took my kids here our first night in the area. Interesting and tasty southern food. Slightly understaffed but the waiter was nice and efficient.