Grace & Shelly's Cupcakes - Bell Towers
Ranked #7 of 25 Bakeries in Fort Myers
Description: Featuring over 30 scrumptious flavors in four different sizes, we have a flavor for every taste and a size for every occasion from shooters to big-as-your-head giant cupcakes. Eat in or catering.
Naples, Florida
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Great cupcakes and service. The only issue I have is the cupcakes do get a bit stale the later you go. Wish they made fresh ones as they day progresses. But if you get there early, they are amazing.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Very tasty”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I'm surprised that no one has reviewed Grace & Shelly's? I had a chocolate coconut and a red velvet. Bith were wonderful. Light, great flavors and the icing was rich and delicious. Good selection. Friendly staff. I wish they had cafe au lait to go along with it!

1 Thank joburkholder1
Fort Myers, Florida
“Dissapointed for the second time...”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Though I haven't been to the Gracie's Cupcakes in Naples, I do visit their sister shop in Ft. Myers at the Bell Tower shops. A few weeks ago I had dinner with some co-workers and decided to head next door to grab a few cupcakes, since I heard it had just opened and wanted to give it a try. I ordered 4 cupcakes at $2.95 a cake. The first thing that surprised me was that all the cupcakes were out in the open and not enclosed in a glass case to keep them fresh. When I got home and tried my first cupcake ( red velvet ) the sides and top of the cupcake were extremely dry, almost like a stale, hard feeling. Since I paid $3 for each cupcake, I decided to make the best of it and eat them, even though you could tell they were not very fresh. Since I figured maybe I got a bad batch because I did get them late at night and they probably had been sitting around, I decided the other day to go early. When I walked in, I asked the girl behind the glass if they were made recently and if they are fresh. She said yes. I bought a couple more cupcakes to take home and I have the same experience. Again, very dry, crumbly, and hard. The size of a few of the cupcakes was also a little disturbing. A couple didn't even fill up to the top of the paper liner. This isn't three strikes, you're out for me, so I won't be visiting a third time. Most places that carry bakery goods, chocolates, cakes, ect. have them stored in an enclosed glass case. Have you ever been to Publix, Fresh Market and seen their desserts out in the open. Obviously this is why they are stale and dry. Not too intelligent. If this is the way they operate then it might be best to only be open until noon hours to ensure the customer is receiving a freshly made good. It sounds like the bakery in Naples has the same problem. Not too smart if you're charging $3 a cupcake. You'll lose business quickly. I can make better killer cupcakes at home, if only I could find the time :) I do not recommend this bakery. Not expecting perfection, but how hard is it to make a cupcake?

• Visited February 2011