“great Italian restaurant”

LaMotta's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
LaMotta's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 848 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orland Park, Illinois
“great Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to lamottas numerous timesand every time has been exceptional. The waittresses have been attentive, cordial and informative.The food is top shelf and well presented the rolls are fresh made and are to die for.I have never had the pizza but it seems to me people around me not only enjoy it but many order it.If you go online they usually have coupons to print up or are located in the local papers which makes it a even better deal.The one thing I will warn you about is sometimes in high season it becomes crowded around the dinner hour so plan ahead.I hva never made reservations so I don't know if they take them.I think you will enjoy your visit

• Visited January 2013

Monticello, Iowa
“Surprising gem in a strip mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My sister loves Italian food so whenever we travel together we try to find good Italian. We found it in LaMotta's. While visiting my brother in Ft. Myers we searched one day at lunchtime for a good place to eat that had outdoor dining. Despite the reviews that mentioned the grumpy personnel we decided to give LaMotta's a try. We ordered off of the lunch specials menu . My sister ordered the house salad. Before it arrived I said, "Let me guess, it's going to be wilted iceberg lettuce with a wedge of hard pink tomato." After her beautiful, fresh salad arrived with crisp romaine and lots of other vegetables the rest of us were disappointed that we hadn't ordered one, too. I love to try different beers when we travel and LaMotta's has their own label beer on draft that was delicious and very reasonably priced. For lunch we enjoyed a bowl of their spaghetti that was also excellent. A canoli for dessert finished a delightful lunch. We think that we were served by the owner. After joking around with her while ordering, we found her to be delightful. A lot of times we find with servers that they mirror back the mood that we are in. Warning: We were able to eat outdoors but it was just on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant.

Hudson, Wisconsin
“Ciao Bella!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I loved the place. We were on our way back to Naples from Sanibel and wanted pizza...but not from the typical pizza chain. My hubby found Lamotta's. We were not disappointed! I had a crisp, fresh tossed salad and Lambrusco and anxiously awaited the arrival of our pizza. Half Ham, half deluxe. It was outstanding! Our server was one of the owners, heavy Italian accent, but super friendly, and accommodating. I would highly recommend the pizza...although not with as many toppings. I had a slice of Canadian Bacon first and when I went for a slice of deluxe, it was starting to get soggy.

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I like the fact they use the real Italian Cheeses in the making of their pizza.
Carmelo the Chef is amazing.

• Visited February 2013
London, Canada
“Outstanding Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We always visit LaMotta's on our trips to Ft Myers and are never disappointed. The meals are delicious, freshly cooked, plentiful and there's an excellent variety to choose from. We have always been welcomed by the staff and had excellent service. We also think it's good value for the food you get and they often have very good specials. It's not a "stand out" restaurant, on the corner in a plaza, but a good spot to hit after a shopping trip to Bealls!