“My opinion--The BESTthere is!”
Review of Rock Lake Resort

Rock Lake Resort
Ranked #37 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Was in Ft.Myers under unpleasant circumstances. Rock Lake was soothing, fun, relaxing & much more. Kichenette, outdoor porch, fish, turtles--even an Osprey came by & grabbed his lunch! No fancy stuff--just pleasant staff, guests, suroundings. Can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: Stayed in several--all face lake.--probably enjoyed # 9 best--fish & turtles were drrawn to litt...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janice R
There are newer reviews for Rock Lake Resort

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I had to have an open mind when I stayed here. This place had good reviews on trip advisor so I decided I would give it a chance. I am so used to staying at various hotel chains that this seemed very different and something I would enjoy. I mainly booked this hotel because of the fact that they offered kayaking and canoeing access from the property.
I chose to stay in the units that have a patio facing the man-made lake that can be seen from the website. My son was very excited when we checked in. The staff was friendly and made us feel like a part of the "family". The only thing I did not like was the room had a strong smell from the cleaning solutions that they use. This was quickly solved by opening the patio doors. The room was a bit small and not up to date but thats what I expected when I booked this place so it was not a big deal to me. After a good night rest my son and I fed the fish and turtles in the man-made lake then went for a swim in the pool followed by kayaking and canoeing from the back of the property. This is really why I came here and to be bale to have some peace and quiet in an area that you would least expect was great. I think everyone should stay here and give it a try. Just remember to keep an open mind depending on where you are used to staying.

Room Tip: Stay by the man made lake. Room has a patio facing the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 247HardWorker
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My friends who live in SW FL (Venice and Cape Coral) were worried about where we were staying when I told them address of the resort. I said that tripadvisor has never steered-me-wrong! Once again, it was spot-on! After all our travels in and beyond the US, we are so tired of the cookie-cutter chain resorts with no personality. We rented one of the cottages and we had a spectacular time. It was so peaceful!! Accommodations were immaculate! Big porch on ground-level facing the pond with lots of turtles and carp to watch. Great water-pressure in the shower. Unit was totally renovated and it was close to downtown Ft. Myers to shop, go out to dinner and a great gateway to venture to Sanibel Island. The manager of the complex made us feel right at home. Pool was warm and clean - I had it to myself one afternoon. It is in a good section on Palm Beach Blvd. and my friends felt bad that they raised concerns about the location. I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again! The only thing that I found missing in our cottage was that there was no blow-dryer in the unit and that as other posts have said, the lounge chairs by the pool need to be upgraded. But if that's the least of the negatives - I still say it was an excellent experience! Enjoy!! :-)

Room Tip: I can't comment on the hotel/motel units, but the prices when stayin in a cottage are so absolut...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bichon_Frise_Lover
Reviewed March 6, 2012

checked this place out as it was on our list of places to check. Quaint cottage, lovely, clean, peaceful. Each cottage has a patio which looks over a small 'lake'. Free use of tennis court, canoe, kayak and pool. Small walking trail on property. Small municipal park with fishing pier within a few minute walk. Corner store next door if you forgot anything. Kitchenette had everything we needed. Staff friendly, helpful. We would go back anytime and would recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: cabins on each end of the circle get either morning or afternoon sun, middle of circle not so much
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 12happycanucks
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Not something you would expect to find in a busy city, quaint and clean cabins with woods and a touch of serenity.
The place has had some updates and is kept very clean. The grounds and amenities can't be beat in downtown Fort Myers, there is a wonderful walk way along the river thru the woods that made me feel at home and not in a big city.
We really enjoyed the cute little lake with all the fish & turtles, they love crackers and all come for dinner. The porch is a great place to relax and read. It was a very quiet place except for the busy street on one side of the resort but you are in the city.
I gave it a 4 because of value, uniqueness & cleanliness which is important to me. I own a B&B and I would replace a curtain with holes in it just because it looks bad, 1st impressions you know.
The rooms were big enough and kitchens have all you would need, I love the free coffee. The bathrooms have been updated with a pedestal sink, nice shower & tile floors. The pool was nice but they should invest in some better lounge chairs. All in all you won't find any thing like this for the value in this city so I would recommend it.
The pizza place across the street has a huge menu & makes quick meals easy. The one way street was the worst part of staying here, we had a tough time finding our way back so bring along a map of the area.

Room Tip: T'm guessing the lower # rooms will get hot water faster, cuz our room took 5-7 minutes.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dixoninn
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I am traveling with a group of 3 on a business trip to Ft. Myers, FL and we were booked to stay at the Rock Lake Resort. We called before arrival and let them know that we would be arriving after hours and they were very accommodating. They are incredibly courteous, and strive to go above and beyond. We were having a package overnighted from Raleigh, NC, and the front desk woman offered to come in and open early to help ensure we get our package on time. Even though UPS delivered before she arrived early, she had already placed phone calls in order to get the package re-delivered by the end of the day. I have never had someone offer to come in to work early to make sure we got our package on time. I was amazed, but she felt as though it was no big deal. It was a huge deal to us.

One of my co-workers is a caffeine addict and after asking for coffee on the first day, they just automatically make it for her every morning. Friendly house keeping staff as well.

Awesome place in general. Free kayaking, canoeing, tennis, heated pool and not far at all from the downtown district. About 30-45 minutes from the beaches. Incredibly comfortable beds.

If I ever come back to Ft. Myers, I will most definitely be staying at this place again, and recommending it to everyone I know traveling to the area.

Room Tip: Also have rooms available with kitchen in them. Useful for longer trips.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Recently had the pleasure of finding this quaint resort area in Ft. Myers. Had occasion to be in the area for a couple of nights, and, not knowing what was available, we stumbled upon this lovely resort. We stayed in the lakeside cabins and could not have been any more pleasantly surprised. Renting two rooms, one duplex-type cabin, we had all the privacy we wished and still able to enjoy the company of our friend who accompanied us and stayed in the other side of our cabin. The accomodations were very clean, larger than normal, and very well manicured grounds. Our favorite was enjoying the overly large patio which overlooked the "lake". While it was more of a pond, we simply adored this resort. We are planning to return again and again. Nice to know that these types of resorts still exist without having to spend exhorbitant amounts of money. The staff was very pleasant upon our check-in and they left us alone! Such a nice perk!

Room Tip: I would definitely choose the lakeside cabins if you are able...they are located across the street f...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
#33 of 59 in Fort Myers
Holiday Inn Fort Myers - Downtown Area
Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers

Been to Rock Lake Resort? Share your experiences!