“Taste of NYC Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Cape Coral
“Taste of NYC Italian”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a business lunch there. We had pizza of course. Real sliced sausage! Not heavy "doughy" like some places. Good sauce. Prices very reasonable. Family owned/operated. It is small - maybe 30 seats. Nice mural on the walls. Off the path location. Actually in sort of a strip mall in business park area so they cater a lot to local biz lunch and dinners. They do have breakfast options also.
Owner "Gabe" usually visits each table if not too busy. Also some carry out items such as fresh mozzarella balls and desserts. Great Chocolate mouse cake and velvet cake. Soda's are in bottle or can - no flat/poor tasting "bag in a box" drinks. Select wines of course and a cork fee option if you want to bring your own.

• Visited March 2013

Canandaigua, New York
“worth the trip or wait - great food in a humble setting”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We tried to eat here two times before we got lucky. Once there was clearly a crowd waiting and we decided to come back, the next time was sunday and they were closed so we went early on a Monday and had a great meal. The white lasagna that I read on the internet was great lived up to its press. When it showed up I was concerned it looked too cheesey but the stuffing was perfect and I would definitely have it again. My husband had the osso bucco special - very large and the sauce was fabulous. We had the tiramisu from the extensive dessert offering. It was perfect. We also enjoyed the ceaser salad and the free bruschetta and bread for the table. The restaurant is humble- cute murals on the walls with some interesting pictures, very clean with real table cloths but paper napkins. The restroom is clean but rustic and you have to pass thru a storeroom to get to it. Clearly many locals take out meals as there was a steady stream of people stopping in who seemed to be known to the staff. All of the staff was helpful and friendly. This place was a great find. Our 2 meals, one wine, one beer, one salad and one dessert was under $56 before tip.

• Visited January 2013
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We eat here about once a month, and always enjoy it. In season is sometimes a challenge since there is limited seating and no reservations for less than 6. But the food is worth the wait.

West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Little Italy”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was traveling on business and a local Italian from my home town of Boston highly recommended I have dinner at Buon Appetito. He told me it would remind of the restaurants in the North End. From the minute I entered the door I felt like I was expected to join the family table for dinner. This place is definitely A hidden local gem. I was greeted with a complimentary taste from the chef. I started with a little red wine accompanied by the chalk board special of the day, Osso Bucca. Oooh words can't describe how mouth watering the taste of freshly made cavatelli pasta is, the veal shank was so tender it fell off the bone! If I didn't know better I would have thought my Nonnie was in the kitchen preparing the dish. Everyone seemed to know the elderly man who sat in the corner facing the entrance because all who entered the door gave him the custom italian greeting. If you've ever been to the North End you'll appreciate Buon Appetito. I topped of the evening off with a cappuccino, I only wish I had room for dessert, but they offered to send me back to my hotel with a cannolli for later, just like my Nonnie would have insisted. I can't wait to return.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Poor Customer Service!!!!!! Ok food”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I came to this restaurant upon the recommendations of a couple of my friends. I had also received a gift certificate. After getting off of a long 12 hour shift at the hospital, I arrived at this restaurant at 8:30 pm with my family. Upon opening the door, all of the patrons and wait staff stared at us as if we all had leprosy. Then one of the waitresses informed us that the restaurant closed at 9:00 pm and that we could not dine at the restaurant as they were closing soon (remember it is ONLY 8:30), but we could order our food to go! I have never heard of a restaurant turning away people when they arrive 1/2 hour prior to closing. I could maybe understand if it had been 5 or 10 minutes until closing, but there was plenty of time for us to order, get our food and eat! Imagine if you walked into an Outback or Olive Garden and they responded in this manner if you came in 30 minutes prior to closing. I was outraged and had I not had a gift certificate and this restaurant had not come some highly recommended, I would have never ever returned to this establishment again! VERY POOR customer service!!!!!! Well we ended up returning to this establishment a few days later. I had the mushroom raviolis, my husband and mother-in-law shared a pizza, and my father-in-law had the osso bucco. The mushroom raviolis were ok, nothing to write home about (in fact, the mushroom raviolis in the refrigerated section of the grocery store are just as good) and they said that they were not even home-made! The pizza that my friend raved about was mediocre at best. The crust not as crisp as we are used to and overall overwhelmed with mozzerella. We also found the sausage to be subpar. Not a fan! Grimaldi's and Tony Sacco's make a much better thin crust pizza! My father-in-law enjoyed his osso bucco, but found the portion to be small for the price. All in all, I shall never return here again. It is a shame because my preference is to support local entrepreneurs.

• Visited May 2012