“Ford's Garage has great burgers!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 756 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SWFL
“Ford's Garage has great burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pretty good place with great family atmosphere, burgers are great and fun ambience. The inside is like a garage type atmosphere with cute decor of an old model T jacked up above the bar. Nice friends and couples place.

• 4 of 5 stars
FGFtMyers, Front Office Manager at Ford's Garage, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi Joanne,

We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Ford's Garage. We love hearing positive feedback from our guests.

We look forward to servicing you and your family in the future,

Ford's Garage Management Team

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Subpar Food, Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been to Ford's Garage a couple of times now and every time they have had such a long wait as this is to be expected with a popular restaurant, but my most recent visit was extremely negative. I do not mind waiting for a table but on this last visit my party was quoted 45-60 minutes. After never being called after 70 minutes I was told the table would be ready soon. After waiting additional 20 minutes and seeing multiple empty tables we were finally seated. There were no apologies for this whatsoever which I find extremely unprofessional. After being seated our server was extremely pleasant until my order came out. I ordered the Mushroom Swiss burger medium well and when it came out it was pink. After our server brought us our food she completely disappeared. I had to flag down another server who tried to tell me my burger was cooked to order which it was not. After finally taking it back, a manager brought out my new burger and proceeded to stand there and wait until I had cut into my burger. Again, ZERO apologies were made and this manager was extremely rude and unprofessional. During all of this we never saw our server again and a different server even had to come bring us our check and return the bank card. Not a single server/hostess/manager apologized for this TERRIBLE service. There were no discounts made whatsoever. I am confident in saying this was THE WORST service I have ever received at a restaurant or any other place of business. As a local Floridian, I will NEVER recommend this restaurant nor will I ever be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Katie C
Hello Katie,
I am very disappointed to here about your visit to the Ford's Garage. We strive to keep an above standard level of service and food. I would like to discuss this unfortunate experience in further, if you wouldn't mind.

Please contact me at the corporate office at 239-337-FORD (3673)

Again, we are very sorry to here about this experience, we assure you that this is not our level of standards.

Jennifer Hinners
Office Manager
Apopka, Florida
“Very Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Took the family and it was well worth it. Some of the items are a little pricey but overall a good deal. The fries sampler, salads and pasta dishes were very good. Very attentive staff, very busy place and a lot going on. All had a good time. Try to get a seat by a window as there was a lot of sidewalk drama and it was like dinner and a show. I wanted tyo do lunch there the next day but got outvoted.

• Visited December 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great burgers slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Fun atmosphere, great burgers, and lots of beer choices. Would eat here again but be prepared to wait a long time on the weekends for your meal. It took over 35 minutes to receive our food after we ordered. Heard complaints about this from the table behind us too.

Adelaide, Australia
“Great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

What a great themed restaraunt. Loved the attention to detail, like the hose clamps on the napkins and the petrol bowsers in the bathrooms. Tool trolley for a reception desk too!.
Food was good, they forgot our fries but then gave them to us no charge so I guess that makes up for it.
Thoroughly enjoyed our lunch.