“Bad Attitude”

Sweet Bean Coffee Cafe
Ranked #4 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Myers, Florida
“Bad Attitude”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I called about 1 wk in advance and asked if I could reserve their front room for 7 adults. I was told by one of the owners that it would be crowded as it's meant for 6, but he would do it. I then had to call and change the reservation for an earlier time and was told (by an employee) that would be fine. When I got there, the front room was full. I asked the same person I spoke with the 1st time and he said he didn't have it. No explanation, no apologies, very rude and arrogant. He told me he doesn't take reservations for that room, yet I called twice and was told both times that I had the room. I won't be going back.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank goodwinwww

East Peoria, Illinois
“Best corned beef hash”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I loved the corned beef hash. Probably the best I have ever had. I loved the sign telling parents that this is an adult restaurant and to find someone to watch their kids elsewhere. Coffee and pastries are to die for.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Singer7178
Illinois
“Perfect Breakfast Atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Sweet Bean is my favorite breakfast location. The atmosphere is better than Starbucks as well as their coffee! Priced slightly higher than the fast food places it's worth the extra bucks!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank IllinoisTravelgirl
Cape Coral, Florida
“Not friendly, won't return”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

On a whim, I stopped here for some tea. $2.50 for a tea bag and hot water. OK, but when I handed him my credit card he immediately responded, "No cash?". I said no, I only have $2.

He was clearly annoyed that I didn't have the cash.

Then I read the reviews on this place. No wonder he has an attitude. They better shape up and be friendly to EVERYONE that walks in, not just the regulars.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank DessertsDivaFL
“Not for Moms or Families”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My friend and I went here for breakfast/coffee with my 7 month old. They don't have high chairs and don't allow strollers which wasn't a big deal. My baby was being 'to loud' and we were asked to sit outside (no shade and no fan). We decided to leave and the owner/manager wouldn't even look at my friend when she tried to ask what to do about the coffee we barely even drank. I have never been treated so poorly by someone before.

• Visited December 2013