“They've discovered a new BBQ technique.......” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tallahassee
“They've discovered a new BBQ technique.......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

brine the chicken AFTER it's put on the plate for service. The setup. After driving all day from the Keys, I didn't feel like driving for dinner.As I was checking in I noticed the hotel was located behind this place with just a 2 lane street to cross to get to. Perfect! As I went in I went into the bar section to see what kind of beer they had (the usual cheap suspects).As I waited to be seated I saw a microwave at the server's station. Being it's Fri.@ 4:45 PM it was Happy Hour. Of the 10 -15 people in the bar, none of them had any food in front of them , nor were any food specials advertised. The servers were actively engaged with the customers. My server ( the name witheled to protect the innocent). As she took my food order , I couldn't find the sides on the menu. She took me to the back of the menu ,stating the owners were more interested in their story than the items on the menu. ( CLUE I go to restaurants to eat not to study history).
Anyway the FOOD. As for the the pulled chicken dinner. The Mac and Cheese looked and tasted like it came straight out of a can (Franco- American I think). The meat was wet like it was sprayed with the saltiest water ever. The beans, they tasted like out of the can but with smoked meat added during heating. The server shortly returned and asked if the sides were warm enough (microwave anyone)?
The overall atmosphere was more bar than restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Cocoa, Florida
“No! Never Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Worst Barbecue ever! The sauce tasted like sugary ketchup. The ribs were wet and fatty and I could have gotten better baked beans directly out of the can. The only saving grace was our waitress Eunice. She was polite and very attentive.

FL
“Goodness gracious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I had a school check and decided to check it out. We had a wonderful server named Mark. In all of my 51 years I have never eaten better Bar B Que. And I pride myself on picking great Barb -ques. We both got the Bar B Ques Pork sandwiches. We each took a bite and looked at each other and said at the same time "this is the best pork ever" We will definitely be back. and bring friends. Best Bar B Que since the old Kroners Smokehouse on 41.

• Visited April 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Yum yum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Went to MacDaddys last week before a Red Sox game and had a blast. The place was packed and the food and beer selections were spot on. I know during season things can get quite busy but we had no problem getting quick service and a fun and lively atmosphere. We will deft be going back!!!

• Visited March 2014
Webster, Massachusetts
“Better off at the DQ across the street”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I happened upon this place by chance because it was near our hotel. The service was very unprofessional and uncaring. We sat for a long time before anyone came to take our order. The waitress took our drink order, then delivered our drinks, and then said she would be back later for our order. By this time we had already been waiting 10 or 15 minutes. The menu is pretty basic and boring, so there's not much decision making required.

My son and I chose the pulled pork sandwich. It was brought to us by someone from the kitchen who plopped it on the table and walked away. The pulled pork was plain and somewhat dry. It was desperate for BBQ sauce, but there was no wait staff in sight. By the time I was half done I was tired of waiting and got up and removed a bottle of sauce from another table.

When we were first seated, the table across from us was covered with dirty dishes from the last customer. These remained there when we left. The floor was sticky and had french fries and dirty napkins on it, but none of the staff seemed to care. I wish that I had taken a photo so that I could post it with my review.

We were not given any utensils with our meal, but because much of the pulled pork fell out of my sandwich I asked for a fork. The waitress, who was completely clueless, brought one for me, but not for my son, who had the same need for his sandwich.

My margarita tasted like it was made with kool-aid.

I don't like to trash restaurants because I know that they sometimes have off nights, but this place was terrible, terrible, terrible. Stay away.

• Visited March 2014