“Good sports bar average food”
Review of Big Al's Sports Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Al's Sports Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From pizza to lobster, we're proud to offer you dishes that are created with the freshest and most flavorful ingredients.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Have gone to big Al's a few times since it changed from Smokey Bones. A lot of TV's showing different sporting games with very reasonable drink prices. The food on the other hand is mediocre. The $9.99 rack of babyback ribs were 99% bone and 1% dried out pork. The fries were fresh and hot and the burger was ok but I would go to 5 guys burgers and fries if that was what I was looking for. So if you want cold beer at a good price while you are watching the game this is the place to be. But don't expect the food to be very good unless you have already had a few drinks.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went there to have dinner with a friend from out of town and also to watch a particular March Madness game. There were more than enough TVs in the place and turning one of them to the particular game requested was done quickly by staff. The food on the other hand was just about what I expected. Ho hum. Big Al's is a sport grill. You should not go there expecting a mind blowing, memorable meal. With that being the case, I'll give them a lot of leeway. Overall, I had a positive experience and if I'm in the area looking for a place to watch a sporting event and a bite to eat, I'll go back.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed at a hotel across the street. So this place was convenient. The food was good and the beer cold. The best part was the staff. Everyone we met there was very friendly.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was looking for good place to eat. We were looking for combo seafood/steak. By luck we chose
Big Al's In Fort Myers Fla. I tried the lobster my wife had the haddock. We went back in two days and I had the full rack ribs she again,had to repeat the Haddock. I will say if you go any where and see this chain restaurant you must try it. Great food and employees the haddock is a must that you can share.Large sandwich. French fries with Ribs are the best. Two 5oz lobster tails for 19.00 dollars. All I can say great food.

1  Thank badge204_5240
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great service, food and atmosphere. 6 1/2 people all satisfied with the experience. Burgers were super!