“One of the better steakhouses in Ft Myers”

Connors Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Connors Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 939 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a steakhouse specializing in fresh seafood and premium aged steaks, as well as gourmet salads, pastas and more! Enjoy a memorable evening with friends and family in our well-appointed dining rooms, or stop by for the lunch you and your associates deserve. Our friendly service and flavorful fare will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We went here to celebrate a birthday party. Everything was nice. The food, the service and especially, how they handled a screw up with our order.

We told them in advance there was a birthday, and they had a card waiting for the guest of honor. The only place that has ever done anything similar is Capital Grille and it's double the price. So that was a nice touch.

I had a filet which came with a salad. The blue cheese dressing was about the best I've had. It was generous. The filet was cooked perfectly. The mac & cheese was yummy. The portions are generous.

Everyone else had similar experiences - one guest ordered the halibut; another guest ordered a rib eye well done, and really enjoyed it.

The guest of honor ordered a filet medium rare and rec'd it medium well. The manager immediately came over, apologized, ordered her a new meal and comp'd the meal. I think the server must have apologized three times for the screw up.

Let this be a lesson to other restaurant owners - that is how you handle a mistake. They didn't have to comp the steak. And I wouldn't expect most restaurants to do that. But the way they handled the incident was classy. The only other time I've had a steak screw up comp'd was at Ruth's Chris - another place that is double the price.

The impression I had was Conners tries to give you an experience like you'd expect at a much more expensive prime steak house, for about half the price. Note that not all of their meat is prime, but they have it available. My non-prime filet was excellent and as good as any place I've had a filet.

We will come here again.

Only negative... this is a noisy restaurant. Volume level is high. If you're looking for a quiet dinner, this isn't it. But if a lively atmosphere is your thing and you want to go to gab with your companions, and take your time and have a nice meal, this is your place.

1  Thank clubnev
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went there expecting great food and was very disappointed. Their signature soup, lobster bisque and crab, was watery and lacked the sweetness found in a bisque soup. Crispy shrimp appetizer and fried tomatoes were fair as we're the sirloin steak and fish and chips. That said, those who had prime rib were not disappointed. Wait staff were peasant.

rtconnors, Manager at Connors Steak & Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I apologize that your bisque was watery, that is certainly not acceptable and I would be disappointed as well. Please contact us on our website's feedback page. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and hope you'll take a moment to tell us more about your experience. We look forward to responding to you promptly.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to try Connors for our anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by the experience. This is a brand new location for Connors as the restaurant is not quite a year old. It has a very nice dining room. Great bar area with first come seating, and i patio area if you wish to sit outside. The waiter Mike was great and very informative as well as personable. We started with the Isle of Shellfish appetizer....outstanding! For the main course I can highly reccomend the Halabut and the lamb, you will not be dissapiointed. For dessert...Chocolate Mousse Cake was fantastic! The overall experience was above expectations and just a tremendous value for the price. If you wish to sit in the dining room I do reccomend you make reservation. We will be back to visit soon!

2  Thank 515mike
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We came in at 7pm on a Saturday, we knew that was the worst time to walk in to ANY restaurant and expect a table right away, so we came prepared to wait. As expected, the host quoted us with a 45 minute wait. So went to the bar and had a drink and an appetizer while we waited. We each had a stolli martini with bleu cheese stuffed olives,which aren't always offered, so that's always a nice touch, it was a good size, so for $10 it was a good value, a price to be expected at any self respecting restaurant. We ordered the lobster dip appetizer, which came with light and airy popped chips. The dip was just okay, it had an okay flavor, but didn't taste like lobster! Just at 45 minutes, as quoted, we were given a nice booth. If you're a wine snob, you most likely won't find many that will interest you. Soup or salad was included with our meals, we both chose salad. They were tasty with almonds, bacon, and egg. We both ordered the 6oz filet, medium rare. They both came medium. :( The sauce that I chose for an additional charge of $3 was a burgundy peppercorn sauce. Again, just okay. Would've rather had the steak dry. The filet itself was very tender, and had good flavor for $20. His filet was the "boursin filet". Topped with tobasco fried onions and a glob of unmelted butter. Maybe it was supposed to be that way? But we both agreed it would compliment the steak better if the steak were hot enough to melt the butter. We added a $7 crab cake, just to share b/c we love crab cakes and try them everywhere we go. It was good but nothing spectacular, I'd opt to try something different in my next visit. His side was a baked potato, and mine garlic and herb mashed potatoes. Both tasty! We were saving room for a birthday dessert, so we boxed up about half of our meals. We shared the chocolate mousse cake and it was AWESOME! Over all, it was a decent meal... next time we'll know to just stick with the steak and potato dinner. Add ons weren't all that impressive. Oh and Britney was attentive and not intrusive. :) Never saw a manager, but the staff was overall friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went out to dinner with my Aunt who loves steak. This is one of our new resturants in the Gulf Coast Towne Center so we figured we would try it. We sat outside on the patio beautiful evening and had the best waitress ever. She was friendly attentive but not overly so our food was great and even the manager came by and asked how things were. Connors is located close to FGCU so alot of college students working there. Everyone that worked on the patio last night waiters waitress and the ones that cleaned the tables were happy friendly people which made for a great dining experence. I highly recommand this resturant and enjoy it