“Always a good time at United”

United Cafe Bar and Bistro
Ranked #410 of 887 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have spent quite a bit of time downtown over the years without paying much attention to local restaurants. I happened to sit down for a meal one event night at United and was blown away by the food that came out of this cafe. United soon became my go-to for all my downtown meals from coffee & tea to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I make it a point to try something new each time but I admit I have a few favorites including their triple decker BLT, cottage pie (yum!), and their Bronzed Grouper (best way I've ever had it!). While I am not quite the beer drinker, Tom always keeps a good selection and has just the right recommendation. United always keeps it personal and delicious!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location with great food!! Stopped in Friday night for art walk. Food was excellent! Charming place and attentive server!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great place to view the Downtown crowd while enjoying the meal. The small dinner menu always have something apealing.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

They've removed the comfortable couches and sofas. You won't find anything but regular diner tables and chairs.
The server was pleasant. However, the service was slow. I asked for a minor substitution, which has been accommodated before, and was told it could not be done.
The food was mediocre at best.
Not sure what happened since the last time we have visited, but WHAT a disappointment.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I don't even know where to start. The place smells awful. It is musty and stale inside which would make it impossible to enjoy your food even if the food was enjoyable to begin with, which it is not. The service was slow and my drink was perpetually empty. I have never written a review of a restaurant ever. But, after choosing this place because of the reviews I read here I felt compelled to create an account and and let future customers know the truth about this place. When I was there I overheard a server ask a customer to write them a review here. The person wasn't going to do it but the woman brought him a laptop and told him he could get a free drink if he wrote them a good review here, the server said she could get money from the owner if her name was mentioned. I think that is wrong. People work hard for the money they spend and when businesses like this rig the review system they are cheating. And on top of all that it is really, really expensive for what you get. I absolutely would not recommend this place.