“Nice little Bistro”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013

United is a very atmospheric place to sit and relax and enjoy some top notch cuisine. Today we enjoyed a great brunch of a Caprese' Stack for my husband, and the Bronzed Scallop Eggs Benedict for myself. Everything was fresh and well made. I am very picky about my scallops, and these were large, plump, and cooked perfectly. They were also very tasty. I have had some at other places that were pretty bland. Our server, Leslie, was very nice and attentive, always on the ball.

For some reason a lot of places in Ft. Myers that call themselves a Bistro think that gives them license to overprice their food, but United I think gets their prices just right for the value they serve. My rating would be between $$ and $$$.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I had the best grouper and Alfredo lunch there today. Their specials are truly special. Their wait staff are good people. They always greet you with a smile. It's like going to a friend's house for lunch.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went down town for brunch, the locations is great, the food was not great as we expected it to be and the service was not great, everything was good but not up to what we expected it to be.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stopped in to the United Cafe to have a bite hoping to find their amazing Shrimp and Grits(which is actually polenta) available since the last time I had been there this dish was to die for!!
The shrimp was perfectly done and the polenta was exquisite, complete with chunks of crabmeat throughout. But alas, it was not availalbe....no worries though..my new love is the scallops...really, really great...large, perfectly cooked with an excellent sauce...mmm mmm and if you get the chance to have the Lobster Bisque don't pass it up..it's a meal in itself the flavors are truly wonderful. Can't wait to stop by again and see what's cooking.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I dined here on a night that they had a "limited menu" (Downtown was celebrating Zombicon) I see mainly amazing reviews and I just do not get it. We were underwhelmed upon arrival, no customer service what so ever. We waited at our table a good ten minutes before we received menus but I was too hungry to find somewhere else to dine. I had the "South Carolina pulled pork", this was so bad I took one bite and then slid the plate away. My husband had the roast beef wrap, it tasted like anything we can make at home. The owner seemed to only be concerned with customers that had an English accent. I would assume that my experience is not the norm but if you are serving a limited menu for an occasion why would you not put your best dishes out there! Once again just confused.

1  Thank Crystal M