“Excellent!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Madison, MS
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were headed to the Blue Pointe for dinner because it was the only seafood place we could think of in the area, and just happened to notice the Funky Fish on our way. We decided to give it a try. Couldn't be happier we did. We lucked into it being Happy Hour (who doesn't like a $5 martini, $4 Sangria and a $3.5 glass of wine?) I'm not a "salad lover" but figured I should eat something healthy, and for $2.5 to add the house salad to the entree I figured it was worth a try. It really was a great house salad with a yummy house made honey lime vinegarette. My sister and I both had the Funky Grouper (she is gluten free so it was great that she could order it) It was fantastic. I was starving when we arrived and I couldn't finish it. Grouper, shrimp, risotto and broccolini in a really yummy sauce. My brother in law had a pasta dish and he really enjoyed it too. (He is a BIG dude and couldn't finish his pasta either) I will definitely go back to this place if in Fort Myers again. The only problem would be that I would want to try something different, but would really like to get funky with that grouper again!

• Visited November 2012

Fort Myers, Florida
“You can't eat the decor!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Live in the neighborhood & decided to try it-possibly the worst seafood restaurant I have ever eaten in-the owners should stick with what they know, that's Italian food. Save your money and go to Bonefish, which they are trying to imitate but they don't come close. Makes me wonder if i ate in the same place as the previous reviewers. And overpriced to boot! Definitely not going back.

Fort Myers, Florida
“Nice Happy Hour and Great Live Entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have been wanting to try this place since it opened, and saw from their website that they had live music during happy hour tonight so we dropped in. They had a local group, "Dusk", playing when we arrived and the duo (Dean and Kathleen) were very good. Their music was good and they seemed to be having fun while entertaining us. The Funky Fish had a choice of six or so draft beers which were inexpensive and served nice and cold. The appetizers we had were excellent (the dinner menu looked interesting but we were not in the mood for a full meal tonight). My wife had the Chicken Wellington and I had the fried shrimp with a spicy side sauce. They also brought us free bread with an olive oil and spices dipping sauce which we really enjoyed. The service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. Overall a pleasant experience; we will be back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Mark V
The Villages, Florida
“A Great Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were looking for the Italian restaurant that use to be in this location that was closed. Ate somewhere else that night. Decided to check out the reviews on Funky Fish and knew we had made a big mistake not dinning there. Returned the next evening. We found a wonderful restaurant with beautiful nautical funky decor. The menu was full of great things to order. Prices unbelievable for the type of food presented to us. Each entree was beautiful plated, fish was very fresh and the portions were large. The Blacken Salmon - pan seared, served over parmesan corn cous cous with broccoline and finished with choron sauce. Awesome! Special of the evening grilled Mahi Mahi w/two grilled shrimp, served with scallop infused risotto and a yummy sauce equally Awesome. Hubby had the the 8oz Filet Mignon Oscar with crabmeat and bearnaise sauce. Cooked perfectly and one of the best he has enjoyed. Finished the meal with The Trio Creme Brule. Nice way to try 3 different types. Chocolate was my favorite. This restaurant is about 20/25 minutes (half mile west of 75, exit 131) for from Ft. Meyers Beach but so worth the drive. Don't miss this one. Be sure to ask for our server Lynn - she help make our evening.

Nashville
“Fun local establishment, fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Based on a trip advisor review, we decided to try this for local seafood and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed the 'daily special' of fresh grouper with roasted red pepper mashed potatoes. Yum, yum!! The service was very good and the waitress friendly. There was live entertainment in the bar area.