“Fun local establishment, fresh food”
Review of Funky Fish - CLOSED

Funky Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Based on a trip advisor review, we decided to try this for local seafood and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed the 'daily special' of fresh grouper with roasted red pepper mashed potatoes. Yum, yum!! The service was very good and the waitress friendly. There was live entertainment in the bar area.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

First off, I eat out quite frequently and I must say that the service I received tonight was the best I have ever had. Friends told us about this place so my husband and I decided to give it a try. Our server, Selena, was so delightful. She had her own personal recomendations and explained in detail the specials for the evening. We started off with the crabcake and shrimp roll appetizers, delicous.we took her advice and had the house salads that came with a very nice honey lime vinagrette and that was also very nice. When she was describing her favorite entree the Funky Grouper my mouth was watering. She sold my husband on 1 of the specials of the night, Sesame Tuna and even suggested a nice bottle of wine to go with them. The dinners were outstanding. We were too full for dessert so we took her suggestion of having a chocalot martini. Perfect ending to a perfect meal. We will definately come back and tell all of our friends. Kudos to whoever hired Selena, she is definately an asset to this establishment.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Funky by far...cool decor... amazing food at great prices! 3-D glasses provided to view the aquarium paint job. I had the blackened salmon, my friends had the special paella. We split the funky salad which was excellent! One complaint was we asked not to be rushed....and we were. We wanted to visit and enjoy our wine but the food was brought way too fast. It did not deter from the overall experience however...and I really want this place to stick around! A nice touch would be to add cloth napkins instead of the paper-rolled up silverware. EAT HERE!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Funky Fish is really a awesome restaurant. The decor inside is really something to see. I do not recall anything like this. A lot of thought and time went into this amazing place. Not to mention the great food and service. Will go back here again

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our favorite fort Myers seafood restaurant. Wonderful lobster, grouper, tuna, and pasta. Service can be slow... But the food is so worth the wait!