“Loud and over priced”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The meal was pretty good but not worth the money. The place was very loud and made for a lousy experience. It took forever to get our food. The table next to us arrived before we did. We ate our salad and had started on our meal before they had their salad. Boy they were pissed. I'll bet it was 45 minutes before they got salad. It was probably close to 45 minutes before we got our meal. I thought it was way over priced considering the atmosphere delays.

1  Thank Gary M

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have lived in Fort Myers since 2004 and LOVE to dine out. Mastello Ristorante has been and continues to be our favorite restaurant in Fort Myers. The food is always outstanding. We always order a special which includes several types of salads and dessert. The menu has wonderful classic Italian dishes but the specials are extraordinary. The food is always fresh and the homemade pasta is perfectly al dente. The atmosphere is elegant and reminds us of a fine dining establishment in NYC. The servers are excellent and the owner, Carlo, is the most charming man from Turin Italy who is the genius behind the menu. I guarantee that you will find Mastello to be the perfect place for any occasion.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is hands down the best Italian restaurant in the Fort Myers area. The food and service are both excellent. All the pasta and sauces are homemade. The interior is clean and beautiful with nice lighting and colors. There's also a very nice happy hour there with some outstanding $5 appitizers. Great bread which comes with a superb eggplant spread which you will never find at any other place. Mastello's will also customize your orders if you wish. Please try the Gorganzola salad, it's outstanding! One thing I really like about Mastello's is the noise level is low and the people are nice. The prices are in order for a nice place. Brian behind the bar, is fantastic and always a pleasure to talk to. It's also nice to know the owner is always there...and he works in the kitchen too! To the bad reviews....I don't think you know what good is.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Great service, homemade pasta, fresh fish and wonderful specials. This restaurant is by far the best Italian food in Fort Myers. Filled with locals who have been repeat customers for years. Don't miss it.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My daughter had a recital in the area. We googled local restaurabts and decided with only one bad review, lets check it out. Since I'm not familiar with the area I called and asked for direction. The man was rude and told me to put it in my gps!! That was my first clue. We decided to go anyways. Upon arriving we realize there are only two tables in the restaurant; second clue since it is a Saturday evening. The waitress hovered over us but was not attentive at all. The food was the worst I've ever had. The chicken was dry, the pasta was doughy, and the salad was loaded down with cheese. I felt rushed to order even. For fine dining this is not a place that I would recommend or even give a second chance too!

2  Thank sbear5507