“Awesome tarpon trip w/ Rush Chaters”
Review of Rush Charters

Rush Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Fort Myers & Sanibel Fishing Charters & more with Capt Chris Rush & female fishing guide Capt Lacey Rush. We offer fishing, sightseeing and shelling charters in sunny southwest florida! Inshore, wreck, and night fishing charters, as well as lunch cruises to Cabbage Key!
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We took a tarpon trip w/ Rush Charters on 4/13/12. Had the pleasure of having both Capt Lacy and Capt Josh on board. We hooked up w/ a monster just off Sanibel that our buddy fought for 2 1/2 hours (he was spent). Josh estimated that was about 150 lbs. The whole time we were hooked up, there were tarpon coming out of the water all around us. It was awesome. Capt Lacy made it easy to set up the trip and both she and Capt Josh were a lot of fun. We will be back next year!

Rich S

2  Thank rich s

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have been fishing with Chris for 10+ years (and Lacey since they were married a few years ago). We have brought clients down each year during the tarpon run in May off Sanibel and Captiva Islands. We have always caught fish but more importantly, we've always had a great time. A great team ... especially when one of them says; "is it okay for me to wear my bikini?". You can guess it wasn't Chris asking.

The most amazing experience was a couple of years ago when Lacey ran one boat and Chris the other. I was on Chris' boat and Lacey's guys hooked a large Tarpon that dragged them into the Gulf of Mexico for an hour. We noticed Lacey was coming back to shore on her trolling motor so we picked up our lines and raced out to see what was up. There she was with a 70 lbs Tarpon on the deck dead (they catch and release) with the middle of its belly missing. They had caught the Tarpon and Lacey had it along the side of the boat riving it when a hammer head shark came racing up from beneath biting the Tarpon almost in half. Considering Lacey had the Tarpon by the jaw, the shark was all but a foot from her hands. It made for a great picture and a great story for my clients to show their friends and family.

Chris and Lacey are really amazing fishman that know the area like the back of their hand. They have a great sense of humor and know where to find the best Grouper Sandwiches for lunch.

I met Chris the first time years ago when he took me and my kids, who were under 8 years old, fishing. He made their day when he took us into Shell Cove and had Manatee coming next to the boat. Very exciting for two young girls.

We have booked two boats for May 2012 and will continue to for as long as they will have us.

Tight lines,

Tom Danilek

3  Thank tom d
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Been fishing with Rush Charters and Captain Chris for a few years now on our annual vacation to Sanibel. Always gets us on fish and we always have fun. Highly recommend Rush Charters.

1  Thank Eric D
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My family and I have fished with Chris for ten years. There is no finer, harder working, and more fun guide in SW Florida. I am a serious flyfisherman and Chris' knowledge and determination to put me on fish is second to none. Chris and I fish hard during tarpon season and this has given me the opportunity to observe all of the best known tarpon guides in action and VERY SELDOM have we been outfished. He's the best and there is no one else I would prefer to fish with- actually, no one else I will consider, as long as he is in the game..

He is great with families and kids- professional, a great teacher (fly/bait/artificials), and able to relate to all types and all ages. My daughters and their friends catch tons of fish but still come home thinking they were at a party. My wife and kids regularly fish without me and, thanks to Chris, they own all of the family bragging rights for reds, snook, and tarpon.

100% endorsement.

3  Thank rick h
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Capt Chris and Capt Lacy Rush are two of the best and most knowledgeable fishing guides that you will find in the Fort Myers area. They both know where the fish are even in the worst weather conditions. Both born and raised in the area they have extensive experience and local knowledge.
Whether you want to catch tarpon on fly, trophy Red fish, (mine was 47 in long 34lbs) on 10 lb test line or take the family shelling you can't go wrong booking your trip with Rush Charters.

2  Thank David F