“Great pizza and wings!”

Poppy's Pizza
Ranked #124 of 877 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Welcome to Poppy's Pizza! True NY Pizza Voted best in Fort Myers. We have a 70 year old Brooklyn recipe for our dough and sauce! Hand tossed and cooked in a brick oven to perfection since the 40's . We have yet to enter a competition. But, we have been told our wings are the best in town. Tossed in our own secret Buffalo sauce. Poppy's is the home of the 30 inch pizza!! Bring a HUGE appetite for this one. Fresh salads and made from scratch entree's. There is something for everyone at Poppy's. Ice cold Beer and a nice Wine selection. Have a party or event coming up? We will cater.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Walked in for dinner and waddled out stuffed with delicious pizza, wings, and a chicken roll. Fine NY style pizza, and speaking from experience after living in NYC. Prices were easy on the wallet compared to the restaurants on Sanibel Island. Salads, pastas, calzones, and stombolis on the menu. Plenty of beer and wine choices, too. Game room for the kids, multiple TV's tuned to sports channels made everyone happy. A few outdoor tables, but just a view into the parking lot. The interior has red walls and old pics of the Rat Pack and more. I liked the barstool height tables and the bottles of water brought to the table. Friendly server and even the manager stopped by to see if we were enjoying our meal. Great casual place with good food.

2  Thank Kimberly S

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome!! Try their lunch special... 2 huge slices of pizza and unlimited soda for $5.00. Fast service! Eddie the server is very attentive and friendly:) We will be back!!

2  Thank bringthetoothbrush
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Poppy's Pizza is like having a local "Cheers"... everyone knows your name and I would be comfortable going there in my PJ's because the owners, Krissi & Steve, treat you like family!

Oh, and their menu rocks.. LOVE their WINGS!!

And Poppy's hosted my daughter's 13th Birthday Party in their separate room as well; they made it so easy and I would highly recommend them for a private party!

Thank you Poppy's!

1  Thank EWEB2013
Reviewed March 12, 2014

What a good find for real New York pizza. I heard about Poppy's from a friend and decided to check it out one day when I was in the area. Not disappointed at all, everything my friend said about the place was true. Nice,thin,fold over New York style Pizza with generous toppings and cheese.Good service, and I also loved when the owners came out and checked on us. Made you feel right at home. Will go back for sure!

2  Thank lpflipper
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Was in the mood for pizza and found this place. It's located in the Planet Fitness shopping center. It has some outdoor tables for seating along with 2 dining room areas and a comfortable bar. I ordered a small veggie pizza and it had nice size pieces of several veggies. The sauce was good and the crust was delicious. Not your normal pizza crust, more like delicious bakery bread taste. My husband ordered the Momma's White pizza. It was made of ricotta, mozzarella, romano pecorino, olive oil and roasted garlic. We both agreed that it was definitely worth the trip, even with the wait. They also offer several "starters", salads, wings, spaghetti, ravioli, lasagna, and several subs. The service was friendly and we would go back.

1  Thank RetirementTime