“It's Fine in My Book”

Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Peoria
“It's Fine in My Book”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

A decent place to stay in a safe and convenient location. Check-in and check-out was handled smoothly by Katherine who was genuinely friendly, efficient, and accommodating. The room was clean and functional. We stayed 5 nights so the lack of comfortable chairs was one way things could be improved. Also the bed's comfort was marginal. Would not hesitate to stay here again. The price was reasonable for the service provided.

Room Tip: Stairs are on south side of building so you have a longer walk if you are staying on north side. The...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank R-M M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our first time at a Suburban Extended Stay. I had visions of kids running in the corridors and wild parties in every 3rd room but that didn't happen. Check in was delayed by a long winded phone conversation between the clerk and a reservation seeker. The friendly clerk apologized and registration was quickly completed.
Our king room was actually two rooms, bed and bath in one and kitchenette and desk the other. Rooms and utensils were very clean although a hard to see (depending on how the light shined on it) spot was on one of the floor tiles. The desk clerk called us to inquire if the room was satisfactory.
We later discovered that there was no bath soap and just one remaining facial tissue. No biggy as we had our own.
The downer was the limited channel selection on the TVs (2), about what you get at a casino hotel.
All in all, good value for what they charge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheGreatTheo
North Port, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is not a 5 star hotel, but it certainly met my overall expectations. The cons were few and included the following minor disappointments: (1) an awkward and smaller room layout as I entered the room. The kitchen sink area was protected from the entry door slamming into it by a protective floor stopper. My wife and I both tripped on this stopper which was in our natural path of walking. (2) The kitchenette was appreciated, but missing an inventoried dinner plate. (3) Due to a medical condition, I requested a 1st floor unit with my reservation. Upon arrival, I was originally assigned to the 3rd floor. The front desk rep did have a vacant 1st floor unit and cheerfully swapped me to the 1st floor. (4) I had chosen a king bed with my reservation, but had to live with 2 double beds. (5) There was no hairdryer in the unit. (6) There was no continental breakfast due to having a kitchenette. The Pros were prominent and included the following: (A) a reasonable nightly rate, (B) a convenient location close to shopping and plenty of eateries, (C) a friendly and responsive staff, (D) a clean room, (E) a quiet environment,(F) a 12 noon checkout. (G)Although I didn’t use it on this visit, the hotel did have an indoor pool. In conclusion, this hotel was above average and I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ed M
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great value for money! The rooms have every thing you need if you plan to stay for an extended period of time. Had a cook top, fridge, coffee maker, cutlery, pots and pans, etc.

Some other pluses were the free fast wifi, free parking, rooms were spacious and very clean.

I was most pleased that they had an onsite laundry, which is handy and reasonably priced.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank curious24seven
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi There! We were so happy to have you stay with us. We all wish it had been longer! Its always nice to have guests like you walk by and make all of our day much brighter..... Im sorry to have taken so long to respond. I so appreciate your kind words regarding my staff, the property and the overall experience you had with us. We really do strive for excellent customer service and very happy guests. Kat and all of the staff were very pleased when I let them know you had such great things to stay. We wish you great happiness. If you are in the area, stop by and share your smile. Thank you, from all of us here at The Suburban Extended Stay - Fort Myers. Holly Smith, Owner 239-938-0100
Florida, USA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

For the price I paid, I gave this place 4 stars. Staffs were very nice and the room were clean. It has a small kitchen with pots & pans, a coffee maker, knife, board...pretty much everything you need if you want to prepare a simple meal. We didn't use it though but I thought that was nice. The most important thing to me is the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. AC work fine. The only downside is it's a bit far from the beach, about 15m driving or so, but it was quiet and we had a good night sleep. Stay here if walking to the beach is not so important to you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aroundtheworld008
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Your first two sentences highlighted our goals perfectly! GREAT VALUE-CLEAN ROOMS- AND THE BEST STAFF AROUND. Thats what we strive for every day and it looks like we hit a home run with you. Its what we work toward with every guest that passes through our doors. Other extended stay properties may be less expensive, however we include EVERYTHING in our price. You pay one price and THATS I : dishes, coffee maker, housekeeping, linen/towel change, internet, 24/7 staffing AND THE ONLY POOL FOR AN EXTENDED STAY IN THIS PRICE POINT OF THE EXTENDED STAY MARKET. I guarantee you wont get a better deal for your hard earned money! Thank you so much for the four star award. Next time you are here and are heading to the beach, let us know, we usually have some beach umbrellas and beach chairs to borrow! see you next time!
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My second stay here, this time for a seven days.
Everyone from management to the maintenance man were friendly and would greet you as you passed by.The swimming pool was well maintained and in great condition. I used it every day.
A minor point was that the only place to walk to is a 7-11. A vehicle is needed to get everywhere else. Overall a nice quiet place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I have passed on your thoughtful comments to all our staff here at The SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL - FORT MYERS. We work as a team and, as always, I am very proud of my staff who go above and beyond to enhance your stay here. Being a return customer is the highest compliment we can have. We know there are many choices here in Lee County and we appreciate your patronage. WE ARE THE ONLY EXTENDED STAY AT OUR PRICE POINT TO OFFER AN OUTDOOR HEATED POOL! When we built this property we knew how important it was to have that very special and well used amenity to offer our guests........ As an on site owner/operator, I work hard every day to improve my property for my guests. A HUGE THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GET THE WORD OUT......... GREAT SERVICE-GREAT VALUE-CLEAN ROOMS. We look forward to your next visit with us:)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and found the hotel very good value for money.
The room was clean, very comfortable and was complete with a mini kitchen.
There was a list of items which should have been there and we were advised to check and report any discrepancies - sadly a few items were missing - these were reported to the Reception, but sad to say they didn't seem interested and the items were not replaced during our stay. Otherwise, a very nice hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I appreciate your input regarding your stay with us. Thank you so much for the positive feed back regarding our SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL -FORT MYERS. We work hard every day to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay. I am sorry that you experienced a lack of follow through. I would like to know the dates of your stay and your room number so I can make it right for you. There is no excuse for missing items. Please give me a call so I can research this further. 239-938-0100 or send an email to us at gm.fl967@choicehotels.com
We certainly hope to see you back again here at THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL - FORT MYERS. I will look forward to hearing from you directly.