“Nice Place”

Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers
Ranked #35 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My second stay here, this time for a seven days.
Everyone from management to the maintenance man were friendly and would greet you as you passed by.The swimming pool was well maintained and in great condition. I used it every day.
A minor point was that the only place to walk to is a 7-11. A vehicle is needed to get everywhere else. Overall a nice quiet place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I have passed on your thoughtful comments to all our staff here at The SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL - FORT MYERS. We work as a team and, as always, I am very proud of my staff who go above and beyond to enhance your stay here. Being a return customer is the highest compliment we can have. We know there are many choices here in Lee County and we appreciate your patronage. WE ARE THE ONLY EXTENDED STAY AT OUR PRICE POINT TO OFFER AN OUTDOOR HEATED POOL! When we built this property we knew how important it was to have that very special and well used amenity to offer our guests........ As an on site owner/operator, I work hard every day to improve my property for my guests. A HUGE THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO GET THE WORD OUT......... GREAT SERVICE-GREAT VALUE-CLEAN ROOMS. We look forward to your next visit with us:)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and found the hotel very good value for money.
The room was clean, very comfortable and was complete with a mini kitchen.
There was a list of items which should have been there and we were advised to check and report any discrepancies - sadly a few items were missing - these were reported to the Reception, but sad to say they didn't seem interested and the items were not replaced during our stay. Otherwise, a very nice hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I appreciate your input regarding your stay with us. Thank you so much for the positive feed back regarding our SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL -FORT MYERS. We work hard every day to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy with their stay. I am sorry that you experienced a lack of follow through. I would like to know the dates of your stay and your room number so I can make it right for you. There is no excuse for missing items. Please give me a call so I can research this further. 239-938-0100 or send an email to us at gm.fl967@choicehotels.com
We certainly hope to see you back again here at THE SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL - FORT MYERS. I will look forward to hearing from you directly.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Decided to take a last minute trip down to Ft Myers for Easter Break. Made reservations and then decided to change from a double to a King Suite. The staff was wonderful. I called last minute and they were able to accomodate us. We stayed for 10 days and couldn't have been happier. No problem getting anything we needed from the front desk. Hotel was safe and pool was crystal clear and warm. Great place for couples of families. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail M
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

THANK YOU so much for becoming part of our SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY FAMILY during this past season. All our staff works hard to make sure our guests are happy and comfortable. We are ONE OF OF THE ONLY EXTENDED STAYS WITH A SWIMMING POOL. That features brings our guest together to meet others to make long lasting friends year after year. This was one of our best seasons ever thanks to guests like you. We are pleased and honored that you chose us for your last minute plans. Don't be a stranger! We hope you come back and visit us again. Our best compliment is a referral. I have passed on your comments to our staff and it makes us very proud. CLEAN ROOMS- GREAT VALUE - AND THE VERY BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE....... THAT'S THE TEAM SUBURBAN WAY.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Been going to this motel 3 of the last 4 yrs. Great staff, clean rooms, pool was warm, good price for time of year, Many quest from WI,IL,OH,MI,IN,MN AREA, could have the BIG TEN CHANNEL AS A OPTION, also rest of TV CHANNEL VERY LIMITED, could use a few more channels, a pump was making a lot of noise when running, it was not making noise in 2011 when we was last here??needs. to be FIXED!!! ALL THE STAFF WAS GREAT NO MATTER WHOW YOU WERE WORKING WITH

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

WOW- We love these responses! This shows me we are doing the job the way it should be done. We look forward to having you for the next several years. Its not too early to book for next year. I am already excited for all of the "Suburbanites" who are planning to come back next season. It is such a great group of loyal patrons and the numbers have been growing every year. Thank you for the kind comments. YOU ASKED and WE ARE LISTENING. We are in the process of upgrading our TV listings. We will be expanding our offerings. Hopefully that change will occur in the next couple of months as we are looking at the options. In addition, we will be upgrading the TVs in the rooms. We do what we can every year...... Please give us a call as Im not sure what pump you are referring too. Let Kat who you are when you call and that I read your concern on Trip Advisor. You can reach us at 239-938-0100. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us at the Suburban Stay Hotel of Ft Myers.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Really friendly & clean hotel, good rates especially if staying for more than one night. Everything we needed whilst staying in Fort Myers for 3 nights. Laundry room on site ( managed to catch up on 10 days washing) 7/11 garage & shop 2 minutes away. All the amenities we wanted, friendly staff & large room with fridge freezer, microwave, ironing board etc. would go back & recommend to others. Even had a swimming pool, but unfortunately it was to cold to take advantage of it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Contented299

We here at "Team Suburban" are so appreciative of your kind words. As I have said in many responses you have hit the "nail on the head" with what we strive for

1.EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE- I am thankful EVERY day for the staff that we have here. We are a small owner operated business. When you check in here YOU KNOW WE CARE! Most of the staff has been here since we built the property in 2002! I could wall paper the lobby with the outstanding comments the staff receives (in all aspects - front desk, housekeeping and maintenance) I am so proud of each and everyone of our Suburban Extended Stay Family!

2. CLEAN ROOMS - The housekeeping staff is top notch! I am (again) so proud of the ladies. They work hard and take pride in their job. There is no excuse for a dirty room. You wont find that here!

3. BEST VALUE: This property was built for the budget minded traveler. We are not fancy, but for the money, its the best value around. WE DO NOT CHARGE for many amenities that our competition charges for. They may offer a lower teaser rate, but when you add what they charge for what is included in our LOW RATES, WE ARE A BETTER VALUE.

I look forward to having you stay again with us in the future! I cant predict the weather, but I wish you all sunny, warm, days for your next stay with us so you can enjoy our heated pool. (Thats another feature we can boast about as most extended stays in the area dont have a pool! )

The best compliment is a referral. Thank you times a million

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had the first floor, so we woke up to the car alarm that constantly went off, the sport motorcycle trying to show off and people walking by. The room was clean, but not up to date. Over the bed was reading lights (like old school), my boyfriend was scared he was going to sit up in the middle of the night and whack his head. The TV was a tube style, nothing fancy. The matresses where okay, but nothing to write home about. It would be great if you didn't want any frills. There was a 7-11 next door, but nothing else. Full kitchenette in the room. Again we were on the first floor, you could hear EVERYTHING going on the floor above us and we heard toliets flushing with the water rushing through the walls. Also please bear in mind this is near the airport, so you hear them constantly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Your input is important very important to us. We pride ourselves on cleanliness. Great Value, Clean Rooms and the BEST service are our priorities. Our hotel is for the more budget minded traveler. We are in the process of changing out all our TVs to flat screen models. We have done many upgrades to the property. It is certainly a never ending process! The "frills" we do offer are free WIFI, kitchenettes in every room with utensils, twice weekly housekeeping, and a heated pool to name a few. These are ALL INCLUDED IN OUR PRICE. Many of our competitors do not offer these without a fee, and we are one of the only extended stays in the area with a heated pool. Unfortunately, I do not have any control of people leaving in their vehicles in the morning, or people walking by the property to get to their cars. If there is a problem and it is brought to our attention, we strive to resolve it. We do have a local, small airport which services small private planes. There are time restrictions on the flights. This has not been a problem with our guests or those guests in the 10 or so hotels within a 2 mile radius of our property. Thank you again for staying at the SUBURBAN EXTENDED STAY HOTEL!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room and facilities were clean and well kept. All of the staff we dealt with were very helpful and nice. The location made it easy to zip around town. The down side was that the room and beds were tiny. There were 4 of us and the beds were full sized. The room was approximately 18' x 18' which included the kitchenette and bath. A chair filled the area between the end of a bed and the bathroom wall, which was the extent of the extra space in the sleeping area. This left little room for our stuff and more than one person in our party kept looking for excuses to be out of the room. I would recommend this hotel if you are travelling with a smaller party, or less stuff. It is a nice hotel, and the rates were good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
hds33966, Owner at Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

We here at "Team Suburban" are grateful to all of our guests who take the time to give us feed back. My staff really appreciates your compliments regarding cleanliness and great customer service. We pride our selves in those areas! Most of our staff has been here since we opened. They are the main reason that people return year after year. I am an owner/operator, and do my very best to accommodate the needs of our guests. The Suburban Extended Stay Brand is a more economy brand style of extended stay. Our hotel is built to brand specifications. We do offer rooms with king and queen size beds as well. Give me a call before you arrive next year and I can place you in a room that may fit your needs a bit better. I hope you will stay with us again when you escape the cold north winter! We will look forward to having you again...... Excellent service-clean rooms-great value. Thats what we are all about.