“See a great show & walk around the area too”

Florida Repertory Theatre
Ranked #12 of 119 things to do in Fort Myers
More attraction details
Owner description: Florida Repertory Theatre performs in the Historic Arcade Theatre in the heart of the Fort Myers River District.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We saw a one-man show (Santaland) in the smaller theatre, so weren't in the large show. If the the one-man show was representative of the general quality, and the other reviews seem to suggest it is, I can highly recommend it.

Our show was very intimate, with the seating arranged in the 3 rows on all 4 sides of the room. The actor did a great job of moving around to engage with everybody, so no side would have felt like they were the back of the room.

The little area around the theatre is great for walking around, so I would recommend you take the time to do that too. I am not sure if it was a special event, but there were lots of buskers playing in the street all over the area. A lot of things outside of the bars were closing down, so if you want to see the shops and food options I suggest you are best to eat in this area before the show rather than after.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Florida Rep is an amazing theater company and experience. The actors are extraordinary and the theater itself is wonderful. I have seen community theater in many of the cities that I have lived in and I would have to say this is the best. Having seen several plays there I have never been disappointed. The theater staff is wonderful and it is located in downtown Fort Myers so it is very convenient to make an evening out of it.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We have been going regularly to Florida Rep for the past 3 or 4 years and the quality of the acting and productions is top notch. We recommend both the large stage and the smaller venue.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I were treated to one of the best performances yet at the Rep. Laughs galore. A wonderful play and a wonderful evening. We are regular subscribers and encourage everyone we meet to come to and enjoy this magnificent gem.

2  Thank jpmockler821
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The theatre is small and older but the seats are comfortable, the stage is large and you can see everything perfectly no matter the seat selection. The performers and show was great. There are many restaurants and parking available in the area where the theatre is located. For a entertaining evening, I highly recommend the Florida Repertory Theatre.