“Worst stay EVER!!”

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #53 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
“Worst stay EVER!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had never been to the area so I tried to find a reasonable hotel. So I found this one for $49 a night & the man booked the rm over the phone & said it would be $110.98. Well I always check my cc statement on line almost everyday & I noticed I was charged $130.00, so at checkout my husband went to say something as the owner (the middle eastern man) was pushing s cc receipt of $110.98 for my husband to sign. My husband declined & came out to the car to get me. The owner proceeded to tell me that the $130.00 would be reversed back to my credit card & i'm only paying $110.98, but until that charge was reversed this hotel had $240.98 of our money & I explained to the owner that this was never told to me & I only had $300 total on that card & I have to get back to Clearwater! Also, there were bugs in our rm & the front desk clerk shows up about 11pm w/a flashlight & wakes everyone up because she wanted to see the bugs. They were told about them at 8:30 that morning! Also, ice machine broke, & the "continental" breakfast was a few bsgels wrapped in plastic wrap & a dmall container of this horrible tasting "coffee"! However, the topper was when we were leaving the maid kept hovering around outside our door & at 10:45 said if we're not gone in 10mins the owner will charge us for another night! These people got a free 9hrs from us the first night because check in is at 3pm & we didn't get there until after midnight, & they're gonna threaten us w/more money when we still had 15 mins till checkout! Overall, worst stay ever! Will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Chargergirl12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Margate, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The above mentioned motel, Econo Lodge in North Ft. Myers not Ft. Myers. is not recommended at all. One of the rooms had a problem with the toilet, which was not repaired, and I was not transferred to another room because there were none available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AIRSEA

Travelers are raving about these Fort Myers hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked this via hotwire for $82 and it was listed as a 2 star - not close. I've booked many 2 star hotels via hotwire and this was at most a 1/2 star. Normally the rating matches the hotel but not here.

All they had were smoking rooms, even though I requested non-smoking. The room reeked of smoke and sweat and everything thing - bed sheets, pillows, etc. were permeated with this smell. Carpet was dirty, bath area wasn't very clean and the tub had cigarette burns. Didn't have many options because we arrived at 10pm and had to leave by 6:30am and it was pre-paid. So we stayed and hopefully don't have bed bugs.

It was advertised "free breakfast." All they had were a few old bagels, muffins and OJ (in a pitcher made from frozen pkg). Avoid this dirt trap!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Matt W
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went to check in and waited while the clerk spoke to the customer in front of me. He explained to that customer the only room he had available was a single king bed smoking room for $89. The customer declined and left. I then stepped up to the clerk and presented my print out from my internet booking for $49 which I had paid for in a credit card in my name. Unfortunately my wife made the booking for me. The clerk explained the reservation could not be honored because the reservation said Laurie doe, and she was not present and I was Chris doe even though it was already paid for and I presented the same credit card. He offered to refund my money and I could be on my way. Much to the clerks disgust I called choice hotels customer service and had them change the name on the reservation over the phone. Beware of these rip off thieves!!!!!!!! Hotel was cheap and dirty

Room Tip: avoid the hotel at all cost
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank cj m
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This motel is terrible, the worst experience ever. I booked the room online for my husband, they charge my credit card for $46 and on next day on my credit card statement it shows extra charge for $75. I called the motel and rude and disrespectful lady was sreaming that this is preautorization charge, they are going to return it maybe tomorrow, or after the weekend. Excuse me? I said why you charge my credit card without my knowledge, I did not even have any e-mails regarding the charge, there was nothing about it. Unbelivable, I made so many reservations online and never experienced anything like this. Ohhhh and breakfast is prepacked little muffin, nice. Don't stay there!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gosia75
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My experience on the end of my getaway ruined my trip!! We should checked out by rules at 11am, front desk called us while packing at 11.05 am and informed us that if we do not leave in next 5 minutes they will charge us an extra night. WooW never experience this in my life!!! I came to front desk return my room key at 11.10 am , front desk manager act like he is doing me a favor and by the phone he is canceling charge for extra night, that way they pushed us out really badly, while my girlfriend were finishing packing , housekeeping went into room and started cleaning while we were still in room trying to finish packing and get out, one of the ladies from housekeeping started to shout that we stole 1 towel and they will charge us an extra 10 dollars!! I had to started to saying something back already, why i would take with me that kind of towel what they are offering in this kind of hotels class... I told them that if i get an extra charge for either one extra night or a towel i will dispute charge. In the main time front desk manager started to record all this on his i phone,, really not nice situation after vacation... Final result was of course regular charge, BUT IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY IN THIS HOTEL I RECOMMEND TO YOU CHECKED OUT HALF AN OUR BEFORE 11AM TO DO NOT EXPERIENCE THIS SCENARIO. Roman from Miami Beach

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Roman B
dublin
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Econo lodge does what it says on the tin. The only good thing about the name is that it reduces ones expectations. The rooms were a bit smelly but relatively clean. However I got an earful from the lady at reception when asking for her to clean the room. The internet connection was better in the Days in motel next door then it was at the econo lodge.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank tony_cummins56543
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfront
Best Western Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Travelodge Fort Myers
#51 of 59 in Fort Myers
Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75

Been to Econo Lodge North? Share your experiences!