“Good food and good atmosphere”

Cristof’s on McGregor
Ranked #53 of 872 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened mid-October by a locally-known restaurateur, Cristof Danzi
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Cristof's was a nice place to have dinner with friends while on vacation. We sat in the bar area, which had tables and booths for comfortable seating plus a TV so we could keep up with the game. The service was speedy and the food came out delicious.

1  Thank Chris M

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were looking for a place near the theatre and came by Cristof's which I had seen on TA.
What a lovely spot, good food and service. The restaurant is a large older rambling house with several smaller dining rooms inside. I wouldn't want to dine there as they were too small for my taste. But surrounding the house is a nice veranda where we wanted to sit THere were several vacant tables but were told they were all reserved. Instead we eat on the patio which was very pleasant. Surrounded by tall trees, some music in the background, very good food and prompt service. I had the caesar salad with a very large piece of grilled salmon.Karen had their seafood spaghetti, mussels, shrimp and fish served with pasta which she really liked. We had a very nice piece of key lime pie for desert. The best were their mussels, in a white wine and tomato sauce. The best I have had in years...and served with a very good crusty bread for dipping. Be sure and try this appetizer to share or make a meal of it.

When we left, the tables on the veranda that we wanted were never used...go figure. Anyhow, well worth a visit.

1  Thank Larry K
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had New Year's Eve dinner at Cristof's on McGregor and OMG!!! The filet was so phenomenal that I'm glad it's not on the regular menu or I would be ordering it every time we are there.

1  Thank pacnan
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had written this place off after my last visit due to lackluster food. My friend wanted to meet there for lunch, so I agreed to give it another chance. The waitress was very busy, but attentive. We both ordered burgers. They were juicy and tasty. The homemade chips were good too. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Tennpitt
Reviewed January 2, 2014

When we first got there the hostess was nice and sat us to our table, but it took 15 minutes and a reminder from the hostess for our waitress to come to our table and ask us what we wanted to drink. I ordered the house burger because I've heard their burgers are the best and my friend ordered a sandwich. 20 minutes later the manager on duty came over and said they were "out of burgers" she asked me if there was anything else I wanted from the menu and me being the polite person I am settled for the only other appetizing thing on the menu: rigatoni pasta. 5 minutes later she came back and told me they were out of rigatoni pasta also and asked if spaghetti was fine, I had no other choice but to say yes. When we finally got our food I was extremely hungry and disappointed with how my meal turned out, I love pasta but the sauce they have made me sick. My friend thought her sandwich was dry and overall gross. While we were choking down our over priced, and undercooked meals I looked over to the table next to us which still had the dirty dishes on it from when we arrived which to me is disgusting and unsanitary. The music was very odd and you could hear the phone ringing constantly throughout the restaurant. The whole place was an unorganized mess still filled with cheap Christmas decorations. This was my first and last time ever going there, which is a shame because it's a cute restaurant in a great location. The women barely apologized to me for the inconvenience and offered to give me a slice of cake on the house as if that would make up for the customer service they lacked, and the awful full priced meal that I didn't even want. Don't be fooled by the line outside the door it's not because everyone wants to eat there, it's because the hostess is too busy running around doing everyone else's job that she can't do hers. To me this was a complete waste of 20 bucks, I would have much rather gone another restaurant, the ONLY good thing about this catastrophe was the sliver of cake I got with a puddle of whipped cream on the side. If you want "All American" food you're better off going to McDonalds, they wouldn't run out of burgers.

1  Thank Amber B