“You'll Have To Decide For Yourself.....”

Cristof’s on McGregor
Ranked #52 of 857 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened mid-October by a locally-known restaurateur, Cristof Danzi
Denver, Colorado
“You'll Have To Decide For Yourself.....”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The food was good, but I don't think it was worth a rating of 5 stars. We had the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer. The presentation was nice - stack of three tomatoes alternated with bacon and mozzarella floating on a spicy sauce. The cheese was cold while the tomatoes were warm. It would have been better if the cheese had at least been room temperature. My entrée was gnocchi with chicken. The chicken seemed a little rubbery and reminded me of chicken breasts that I've purchased, frozen, at WalMart. My husband had a small bowl of the gumbo which was very spicy, a small green salad with housemade dressing, and the shrimp and grits - a generous portion of shrimp and grits. The woman who waited on us was pleasant and very attentive and the food was quickly served. We arrived around 5:30 pm, didn't have a reservation, and we were seated immediately. There weren't very many patrons. We sat on the verandah and there was plenty of additional seating in the patio area (including umbrellas for protection from the sun). The restaurant is on a busy street but the location doesn't detract from the relaxed setting. I don't understand restaurant owners who use paper napkins - not good for the environment. Our bill was around $100, including the tip.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank durangodawgs

Fort Myers, Florida
“Very good food but.....”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have to say the food was very good. I wouldn't call it five star quality, but I would say it's above four star. Not quite excellent but certainly better than very good. You decide what to call it.
The service, however, was what pushed the rating back to a lower star. It was slow and inefficient. Some of it was the staffer and some of it was the design of the service.
It took forever, for instance, just to just get a glass of water. The bread was excellent when it finally got delivered to the table. Crisp and crunchy and steamingly hot.
It was a Sunday night and not overly busy so there's really no excuse. The owners of the place needs to employ bus-persons to clean the place and deliver water and such so the wait-staff doesn't have slow down for such minor details. This is a common error family owned and operated restaurateurs seem to make. Come on guys, your food deserves better treatment.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank ChefYknot
“Good lunch”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Good friendly service. Good gumbo. Good chicken salad, either as sandwich or salad with fruit. Large helping of chicken. Not all the fruit was very ripe. Quick lunch stop.

1 Thank ggannuch
Fort Myers, Florida
“Birthday Part”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently my wife and I had lunch at Cristof's. As a result of the excellent service and terrific food I made arrangements to have a surprise birthday party for my wife with over 20 guests. I explained what I had planned with Theresa (Hostess) and Trevor (Chef).
They were terrific and took care of everything. A special thanks to our servers, Michaell and Laurie.

The service was great and the food terrific.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“Don't go for a special occasion”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We are locals & have been here many times. The food is delish! Great HH & reasonable prices. But the service is very hit & miss (I agree w/ the last review). We took friends here for their anniversary & waited 30 minutes for cocktails. I discretely left the table to tell the hostess, as I didn't want to spoil a celebration. Later the manager came over & said, " I heard someone said they waited 30 minutes for drinks?" Nothing discrete about that! Nor did they do anything; and the rest of the service was very SLOW as well. Such a shame as the place is so cute w/ the old Florida feel & great food. There is a server that normally works the patio (near the door to the indoor bar); she is great if you can request that section.

• Visited October 2013