“Nice Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened mid-October by a locally-known restaurateur, Cristof Danzi
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stopped by for lunch and were very happy with the service and quality. Presentation was very nice also. We had gumbo, cobb salad, and tuna salad. Many other items on the menu also looked good. I was disappointed that they did not have grouper on the menu as it is a usual item here on the southern gulf coast and one of my favorites.

1  Thank Capn_C

Reviewed September 2, 2012

wait staff was excellent! the menu has a good variety from steaks to seafood-the restaurant was a former house and has great ambiance makes you feel like you went back in time to the way florida used to be-we ate inside but I loved the look of the veranda and my daughter said the lights at night caught her attention to want to dine there-

1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Best of Ft. Myers! We've eaten at Cristof's several times now and we've always liked it. We dined there again tonight and, being our first experience in months and out of prime season, we were expecting less than before. Not at all - even better than the times before. It's probably the slowest time of year for any business in this area but, Cristof's is better than ever. The food was extremely fresh, the service was unbelievably good, and the staff was extremely friendly and attentive. This place is great in the middle of season but, if you're local, you should really take advantage of this time of year. We sat on the porch and it was unexpectedly cool and comfortable temp wise thanks to the overhang and breeze. Our server, Michelle, gave us most of her attention, chef Brian stopped by and shared all his trade secrets to try at home and Cristof made a point to stop and say hello. We had our usual tuna carpaccio as an app and it was fresher and tastier than ever, we had tuna with edamame succotash and an unusual special of amber jack for entrees. The seared amber jack had a jalapeno cream sauce with a dash of cheddar that was to die served over a soft polenta with wilted greens. This fresh and rarely served Florida fish was surprisingly great but, the sauce and polenta sent the whole dish out of this world! I normally would expect to pay $30 or more for a dish of this magnitude but, at nicely under $20, I felt like I was robbing the place. The drinks are reasonably priced, the food is very fresh and very well thought out, and the service is like having your best friend in the business. The old Florida charm and atmosphere is so authentic, it's unique (the place was built from an old Florida home). We will definitely be back and soon - thank you!

1  Thank Rob P
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Four of us went last night, food was AMAZING. Started with fried green tomatoes and crab cakes to share, both were outstanding . The best fried green tomatoes I have ever had.
Our waitress was very pleasant and patient as we did not want to rush our meal and enjoy each others company. We then placed our orders for dinner. I had scallops over risotto.
4 delicious scallops perfectly prepared. Risotto was great. Two companions had shrimp over grits and they raved about it. Portion was very generous. The fourth person had a nightly special of salmon and rock fish over pasta, large portion and excellent. We were to full for dessert and opted for just expresso and cappuccino. I can't wait to return. This was my 5th time to this restaurant and it just keeps improving. Don't miss it!!!

1  Thank efinzo
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The service is SLOW. 20 minutes to get a drink. Bread arrives 10 minutes after the dinner ("it's in the oven"). The servers are on a very different level than the food and the level of the food is average. The manager needs hire a different group of servers and more of them. They were running around like chickens. Our water was empty too often. Shrimp and grits are severed without any veggies (seems odd). I asked for a side of veg and was expecting to pay for it. The server didn't mention anything until she placed my entree in front of me and ANNOUNCED "I had to charge you $3 is that ok?" Ummm, I guess so. Seemed weird to ask after the fact. Overall disappointing. They have potential if they hirer a higher caliber of servers. It's been bad for too long.

2  Thank travelmore2day