All reviews river view packaged pastries close to downtown worked fine budget hotel stay there again room was very clean and comfortable floor room opened the door waffles continental breakfast working order enjoyed my stay sanibel island rick pet myers
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I got away to Fort Meyers for a low budget weekend and thought we would settle in a inexpensive hotel and stayed at Red Roof. We were amazed at our room and view for the price! There were places to eat, shop, and view that kept us busy.

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank ElroyHubbard
Red Roof F, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay.

Please come back and see us again!!

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

For the price of the rooms, they are very nice. It was a quiet stay. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I was checked in by Robin and she was very helpful and pleasant. I was very pleased with my stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank ashleybell1
Red Roof F, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Thank you for your kind review and your comments about Robin.

We strive everyday to provide clean and comfortable rooms and it is obvious from your review we did just that.

I will personally make sure Robin reads your comments as she works hard to make all our guests feel at home through her customer care.

Again thank you.

Rick
AGM

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Our stay was excellent and we cannot say enough about the staff at this location.

Rooms clean and well presented but it was the staff who made the whole experience great. No matter what we needed they were happy to help. The pool is great and so clean and inviting and towels can be handed to you at front desk for use in the pool area.

They have vending machine with snacks and soda and they were in working order and the area around them clean, The ice machine needs a little work on the outside but works fine.

We extended our stay and came to the desk and told Rick that the manager Jerry had given us this rate and would he extend it. Rick laughed and told us no problem and that at anytime if they see a rate online we can match it if it makes it easier, Rick is extremely polite and professional and you can tell he enjoys his job, It was only after speaking to a Canadian couple who call Rick "Scotty" that we discovered he is the manager. During our stay we spoke to many people and they all had positive comments about him.

I would recommend this place with no issue as our stay was far better than the one we had at another hotel and it is one of the better Red Roof Inn's that we have stayed at.

Thank you Robin, Andre, Rose, Jennifer and April and Manager Rick for making us feel right at home.

Room tip: Waterside rooms are best
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Red Roof F, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad the team made your stay great and you enjoyed the hotel and amenties we offer.

I will make sure the staff mentioned see your review as they daily go all out to make the guest experience the best possible.

We strive to provide clean rooms and great service and I am glad that yet again we have achieved this goal. The pool is a winner with our guests and I am glad that it was inviting, although a little chilly i hear!!!

I thaank you for taking time to let us know about your stay.

Best Wishes

Rick (AGM)

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Priced well and clean rooms. Unexpected trip to Fort Myers. Great for one two or more nights. Room was nicer than expected . Not a resort. Pool is nice. Beautiful view of River in some rooms. Not a lot of nearby restaurant options except fast food. Close to mall and city of Fort Myers. Not close to beaches yet a 30 min drive to these areas and significantly less expensive than beach areas. Management was strict but in a good way. Owners and staff truly care about the place.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank 637meghand
Red Roof F, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Red Roof Inn. I am delighted that the hotel was nicer than expected and that you had time to enjoy the pool which are guests always enjoy. The river view is a winner with our guests and also the breakfast which is served each day from 6.00am through 9.00am. I am sorry you missed the restuarants nearby and will make sure each clerk explains the numerous sit down restaurants such as the Steak House. Three Fishermen, Sushi Bar and the newest one servingauthentic Mexican food!!! It si true to say that the management team truly cares about the Hotel and we appreciate when our guests acknowledge this. I will make sure all staff is aware of your kind comments and thank you again for taking the time......Come and see us again soon!!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

From the start, I should say that I added 1 star in recognition of staff's overall positive and helping attitude. They do try hard. Otherwise, this property would be a solid "3" in my book (which is not bad, just average).

Among the Red Roofs I've seen before, this one is definitely on the better side. The hotel itself is quite tired, but it's obvious they've undertaken some refurbishments, so furniture looks modestly updated, although some elements (like lamps) definitely show age.

The room had the typical stale smell of an aged hotel - which subdued once the A/C started turning air over, so in the end, it was tolerable. The bathroom and toiletries were basic but clean, everything worked fine. The room actually has an extra (mobile) fan/airconditioner, the first time I've seen such things at a hotel. A mini-fridge, a microwave and an iron/ironing board - all worked fine.

Can't say the beds were comfortable, but for one night it was okay. You also hear the annoying hum from the nearby highway in the morning.

One of the pleasant features of this hotel is that they have a small pool overlooking the nearby marina.

Unlike many other Red Roofs, this one serves breakfast. The breakfast is rather basic, but still - nice to have.

All in all, not a bad place to crash overnight, but not the one I would come back to for anything but a good rate.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lubger
Red Roof F, AGM at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you so mjuch for your review. We value all of our guests and listen to suggestions and ideas that our guests have.

Your comments about the staff ar eappreciated as they want you to feel at home and want to hear from you so we can make your stay even better.

We are glad that you found the in room amenities helpful and that you took time to have breakfast with us.

Again thank you for your input.

Best Wishes