“Great South Florida value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Fort Myers

Red Roof Inn Fort Myers
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
“Great South Florida value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

A friend and myself used this fabulous 2 full beds deluxe Red Roof Inn room (151) as our home base on our recent 5-night visit to the South Gulf Coast (April 4th to 9th), and it was the perfect sanctuary after a hard day at the many beaches we visited that are an easy drive from this convenient location, whether it's Sanibel Island, Naples Beach, or even Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota.

Lucy and her staff were all friendly and helpful and made check-in and check-out, etc., a pleasant breeze.

This newly-renovated Room 151 (the new Red Roof Inn standard) included a strict non-smoking policy (a great relief for non-smokers), new Sealy Posturpedic beds which provided a great night's sleep, a large flat-screen TV, a fridge and microwave which allowed for convenient in-room dining, and new up-to-date bathroom fixtures.

Needless to say this room was very clean and comfortable, and having the Caloosahatchee River literally at our door provided welcome, natural silence. Although we didn't take advantage of it, the pool did look attractive and well-maintained. Same for the free breakfast in the lobby--never up early enough for it!

Because I reserved this room on-line a few weeks beforehand, the rate I received was extremely reasonable and even with the upgrade to the newly-renovated room by the river ($10.00 per night surcharge and oh so worth it!), the grand total for 5 nights was only US$410.00 including tax, a great value for what we received.

I would return to this comfortable property anytime. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 151, a river-facing, ground floor room. Ask for a pool-side or river-facing room wh...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Iceblueagle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

It was our first trip in the area of Fort Myers. We were 4 adults visiting and we stopped at the Red Roof Inn for the night. Reasonable price, comfortable beds, clean room and breakfast included. A plus: the view on the River.

Room Tip: With the view on the River.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DidiD26
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I checked in and was given an upgraded room from parking to pool side. I wait 2 hours and the a/c did not cool,plus the bathroom had mildew. I even took pictures. The front desk sent housekeeper to check the room and she said the mildew was in the caulking and she could not do anything, Then they gave me a different room which had webs all over the place. I pulled the a/c filter out and it was so nasty, housekeeper said this room has been down for a while. Hello! am i missing something here. I was so upset at this point i just wanted to rest after driving 10 hours. Finally another room and by this time i was all sick with allergies and tired. The next day i realized it did not have refrigerator and microwave. Went to front desk and was told I would get a call to see if they could take one. One hour later still no call I go the the front desk and was told sorry i cant find a dollie to take one from another room. Front desk said we dont have one in every room, but yet are put online and theit flier saying that they offer them in every room. Apparently, it is the same proble every time so this will be the last. I do not recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

WIth all of my reviews, I try to keep things in perspective.

I was in town to attend 2 Spring Training baseball games. All of the hotels within 5 miles of the stadiums have conveniently raised their prices to $179 a night and up, so I looked at properties within 10-15 miles and found this place.

There's good news & bad news.

The bad news:

Keith the check in clerk is very personable and pleasant but he desperately needs some customer service training. He waits on the person in front of him last -- behind whoever calls on the phone or walks up and has a "quick question" while the guest in front of him patiently waits to be checked in to the hotel. Hate that because I'm the one with the credit card in hand, ready to pay.

My smoke detector went off at 2AM - chirping every few minutes. This was more annoying than anything else, so I just climbed up there and unplugged it because I didn't want to deal with the front desk staff or a maintenance man while in my PJs. I left a note upon checkout.
The place is old, you can tell. But it's been painted, recarpeted, and pretty well cared for in general.

There's a car wash place next door and I'm guessing that if your room faces it, you'll hear the dryer blowing throughout the day.

The good news:

The rooms were clean and they didn't stink like smoke or too much "room freshener".

The bed passed my thorough bed bug inspection (taking off all the bedding, checking the box spring, checking the head board, closely examining the pillows).

The AC kept my room plenty cold.

There's an Arbys just a few steps out the door and a Pizza Hut too. There's a Bob Evans and Perkins less than 1 mile away.

The view is pretty good. And since Keith made me wait while he waited on everyone else first, he gave me a waterfront view -- see attached photo. Unsolicited traveler tip: If you put up with a little BS at the right time, they payoff can be great. In this case, I didn't scold Keith for his customer service ADD, and in return he treated me right.

I had an awesome night's sleep!

Look, you get what you pay for. I got this at the FL resident rate of $79 and it served my needs (a place to shower and sleep). I was in my room from 10PM to 10AM and it was ideal. If you're planning to spend a lot of time at hotel, you may want to ask to see a room before checking in and make sure it's right for you. There is a pool onsite that is pretty nice and the water view of the river (The RIVER not the GULF OF MEXICO) is very nice.

If the hotels on Daniels Parkway keep charging over $170 a night for their rooms, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are quieter. Rooms on the roadside will hear some traffic and car wash noise...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Barnesville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were very satisfied with our accomodations. We wanted to be in the riverside building, but that was not available because they were putting in new carpeting and decorating. We intend to visit them again next year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ken J
Nick P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and appreciate your kind words. Your review was very thorough and we love to see the things that we can improve on, so that we can make future stays for all our guests, overall better.

Our customer service is something that we love to pride ourselves on because of the personal touch we try to give. I am genuinely sorry you had to wait at check in and will definitely review customer service etiquette with all our front desk representatives, so this does not occur again. Also we are sorry to hear about the alarm going off in your room, I can assure you that this is not a regular occurrence.

Overall we are glad you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciative of your in depth description of our hotel and staff. We hope that you will visit again and stay with us then.

Nick P.
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I came to Florida to see family and stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Fort Myers because that is where my Mom and Aunt like to stay. I'm glad I did! Lucy and her staff are the best, super friendly! They are very welcoming and take the time to learn your name.
My room overlooked the Caloosahatchee River, which is amazing! I felt my room was very clean and comfortable. They care about your stay and make sure your needs are met.
Lucy took my Mom, my Aunt and myself on a tour of some of the rooms to show us the upgrades they are making. Wow, beautiful! The new furniture is stunning! I can't wait to go back next year so I can stay in one of the new rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a river veiw.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kathy S
Buffalo Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was shocked at how CLEAN and NICE the rooms were. Good Cable selection, a/c, a pool out in back, and of cours the AWESOME Ocean view. Bring a Fishing pole if you stay here! The staff in front was really courteous and even the coffee/rolls were FRESH everyday. FIVE STARS from a very SEASONED TRAVELER!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank robert r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
Candlewood Suites Ft Myers - I-75
Super 8 Fort Myers
Super 8 Fort Myers
#47 of 58 in Fort Myers

Been to Red Roof Inn Fort Myers? Share your experiences!