“Good Hotel - Bad Attitude People” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
West Coxsackie, Ny
“Good Hotel - Bad Attitude People”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have read several reviews and agree with parts and don't agree with other parts. The PROS are: I found the room to be very nice, large, had the refrigerator and micro that worked well, loved the color scheme inside and outside the room. Very appealing color scheme, relaxing. The breakfast room was big, lots of things to choose from, and the breakfast lady was wonderful. We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. The entryway is lovely. We didn't use the pool
Now the CONS: That lovely breakfast lady was the ONLY friendly employee I encountered. I didn't see any of the cleaners to comment on them. The desk people were unfriendly, uncaring, and just plain uninterested. Any questions I had were met with indifference and a looking away attitude. I had problems staying connected to the internet the whole time we were there.
That being said, if they want me or anyone to return, they better clean up their customer service attitude. That alone is the reason our next nine nights are not being spent with them as we are down in Florida again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

The front desk staff was new with the new owners. In the past we had stayed there with the previous owner nice mid-western folks made Red Sox and Twins spring training okay. This time we we met by a gentleman whom has not quite got the jest American Customer Service or Hospitality. We were stuck as we booked 2 nights with Expedia. Then we had to wait with with 25 other people in the lobby until 3pm for check in and not one minute sooner, So this got us in the room until 5pm. Even though we were in for two nights housekeeping was pounding on the door at 10:40. We were told we would have to pay an extra 35 dollars to stay in the same room. Then we waited until you guessed it 3:00 pm to check back in. The place smells pool is not heated and breakfast is 4 pieces of toast and on carton of orange juice. Look at my other contributions mostly good.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you give payment.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank tookoolkahuna
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I booked this hotel for Feb.9/14 on the basis of a heated pool for my grandkids to enjoy for a few days. However upon calling the hotel directly, I was told that the pool is not heated anymore. I have been to this hotel before. It was adequate and close to the airport. Pool heat was not a deciding factor at that time, but is main factor this time around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was visiting Ft myers for a quick trip. I stayed out at the Grandstay Inn & Suites. It was close to the airport, I75 and US41. Free airport shuttle, free WIFI, free breakfast, exercise room and Enterprise rent a car next door. The pool was small but i was the only one there everyday. Rooms and grounds were clean and comfy. Price was good. I would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Because the price was right I decided to stay here before an early morning flight. I have stayed at a few of the airport area hotels which were very nice but I won't stay at GrandStay again. The lady at the desk was not welcoming but not every desk person is warm and fuzzy. She became very frazzled when I told her I was going to run my rental car back to the airport and would need a shuttle back to the hotel. She pulled out a binder and looked at a page for that day and said she didn't have a driver. I reminded her that amenities listed included shuttle service. she explained that the new owners hadn't worked everything out yet so they took reservations for the shuttle. She told me to go drop off the car and then call her and she would call me a cab. I didn't like this but the car was due back in an hour. When I called her she said that the shuttle from the next door Quality Inn would pick me up. The shuttle driver was wonderful and even told me that she would personally pick me up the next morning.
I picked up some take out from Crackel Barrel and returned to my room only to discover that my microwave & refridgerator didn't work so I had to go back down to the lobby and talk to the desk. She was kind enough to give a different room directly across the hall....thank goodness I hadn't unpacked anything.
It was nice to have a couch to sit on but it was very old and stained so just sat on the bed. The towels were very old and thin and I had forgotten how big old TV's were. Did get a good nights sleep before getting up and true to her word, the Quality Inn shuttle was waiting for me at the door!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Margaritaville22
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This hotel on the eastern outskirts of Ft. Myers is just 200 yards from I75. The hotel is small but had plenty of parking. There is a large CVS Pharmacy within 50 yards of hotel. Staff friendly and room very clean. An excellent choice for a few days rest as it's very quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M
Flagler Beach, Florida, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

The owner of this franchise needs to get his ducks in a row - I made a reservation in sept. for this Thanksgiving - even checked with 800- reservations and when arriving to check in am informed that they do NOT take pets- HELLO the site states - pet friendly and 800 confirmed same -Not even an offer of compensation for driving 300 miles and not being accommodated and having to find a pet friendly hotel on short notice - I am not stating the the chain is not of good standing but if the site states - Pet Friendly -then that should be truth - and if the franchises do not honor what is stated - then they should be penalized for false advertising - I am one unhappy consumer

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family