Because the price was right I decided to stay here before an early morning flight. I have stayed at a few of the airport area hotels which were very nice but I won't stay at GrandStay again. The lady at the desk was not welcoming but not every desk person is warm and fuzzy. She became very frazzled when I told her I was going to run my rental car back to the airport and would need a shuttle back to the hotel. She pulled out a binder and looked at a page for that day and said she didn't have a driver. I reminded her that amenities listed included shuttle service. she explained that the new owners hadn't worked everything out yet so they took reservations for the shuttle. She told me to go drop off the car and then call her and she would call me a cab. I didn't like this but the car was due back in an hour. When I called her she said that the shuttle from the next door Quality Inn would pick me up. The shuttle driver was wonderful and even told me that she would personally pick me up the next morning.
I picked up some take out from Crackel Barrel and returned to my room only to discover that my microwave & refridgerator didn't work so I had to go back down to the lobby and talk to the desk. She was kind enough to give a different room directly across the hall....thank goodness I hadn't unpacked anything.
It was nice to have a couch to sit on but it was very old and stained so just sat on the bed. The towels were very old and thin and I had forgotten how big old TV's were. Did get a good nights sleep before getting up and true to her word, the Quality Inn shuttle was waiting for me at the door!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from the airport, Spring Training, Edison/Ford Estates, Shell Factory, Barbara B. Mann Theater and many other attractions. GrandStay(R) Hotel and Suites Fort Myers Florida, offers spacious hotel suites, perfect for the business traveler or a family vacation. This all-suite hotel features complimentary Gourmet Express Breakfast daily, high-speed Internet with Business Center. Only 2 miles away from the Southwest Florida (RSW) International Airport off I-75(exit 131) and Daniels Parkway, GrandStay Hotel and Suites is also conveniently located close to a variety of dining and entertainment attractions. If you enjoy golfing, Southern Florida has over 130 golf courses; with many just miles away from the hotel! Fort Myers is also known for its great shopping, Broadway shows, trails for biking & walking, fine dining, fishing and amazing white-sand beaches. Baseball fans will feel right at home during the months of February and March as Fort Myers welcomes Major League Baseball's Spring Training Camp. The Minnesota Twins, playing at Hammond Stadium only 3 miles away, and the Boston Red Sox, playing at Jet Blue Park within a mile of the hotel, prepare for the regular season.We welcome groups, sport's team, motor coach tours and more. GrandStay(R) Hotel and Suites Airport in Fort Myers, Florida offers a variety of room types. From our standard king or queen suites with a microwave and small fridge to our extended-stay suites with a full kitchen including microwave, full-size refrigerator, stove top, dishware and utensils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandstay Hotel And Suites
- Grandstay Hotel Fort Myers
- Wynstar Hotel Fort Myers
- Wynstar Fort Myers