“Convienient Value in Fort Myers”

Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Stay Suites while in Fort Myers for the Twins Spring Training. The hotel is a great location near Hammond Stadium and also Jet Blue. It is surrounded by trees/marsh so it felt very private. The room was very spacious. Bed wasn't very comfortable - on the firm side. Breakfast was OK if you like pastries and carbs. I wish it would have had fresh fruit (had frozen berries) and a wider variety of options. The rooms were very quiet. Never heard any outside noise or airport traffic. The TV and lighting in the room could use an upgrade, but overall we were satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: King suite with kitchenette was great. Very spacious. Dishes, silverware, ice maker, toaster and ful...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti Y, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

The staff at the GrandStay is pleased that you were happy with your stay with us during season. We look forward to your return to the area and hope that you will choose the GrandStay for your lodging needs.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very nice hotel. Rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Only complaint would be the Wi-Fi, which is "sketchy" at best...had to keep reconnecting. Loved the full kitchen, even though we didn't use it very much during our three day stay. The complimentary breakfast was good and convenient if you wanted to get out quickly and get your day started. There are many restaurants and shopping up and down Daniels Parkway. For those of you Red Sox fans, their new spring training home is just a mile and a half down the road. This hotel is about a quarter of a mile off I-75 and the airport is right around the corner although we didn't hear any noise from there. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti Y, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing the GrandStay of Ft. Myers for your lodging needs. We are very happy that your stay with us was more than pleasant.
We look forward to your return visit with us.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a perfect hotel! Very clean, quiet & relaxing. The staff was most helpful with any
request. The breakfast offered was a great way to start the day. An afternoon at the pool
made our stay even more special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your review of our hotel. It is always nice to hear that we have another happy customer. Our staff does it's best to accommodate all of our guests by providing great customer service, clean rooms and a well maintained property.
I am proud of the staff we have and thankful for all they do to provide for each and every guest.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked the GrandStay Hotel after the recent snowstorm in the northeast forced us to extend our stay in Florida and we were unable to remain in our hotel in Sanibel due to no vacancies for the additional two nights we needed. Since we were going to fly out of the Fort Myers Airport, the GrandStay Hotel was a good choice since it is only a few miles from the airport. Using the hotel as our base, it was only a half hour trip to Naples and another hour to the Everglades National Park, bonus trips made possible by our extended stay. We always like to stay in hotels which offer continental breakfasts since it enables us to get on our way faster in the morning (only suggestion would be that they should offer fresh fruit). Other reviewers commented on the fact that the door doesn't close unless you pull it shut and I agree that you must remember to do this on your way out. If you don't want to drive to go out for a meal, you can walk to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant, which was very good and reasonable. Although the outdoor pool is small, I enjoyed basking in the sun on the chaise the morning of our departure flight. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would return.

1  Thank Soozi13
Patti Y, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

We appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing the GrandStay Hotel & Suites and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the GrandStay during our trip to Fort Myers to see the Red Sox Spring Training. We enjoyed our stay very much with one exception. As soon as we opened the door to our room, this odor smacked us right in the face!! As we had overheard the desk clerk telling the person in front of us that there were no other suites available, so we decided to tough it out. We went to the store and bought a couple of Renuzit odor killing room air fresheners. Then, the next morning we figured we should tell the desk clerk as we didn't want to be blamed for whatever it was that was causing this odor. The desk clerk didn't seem too concerned and said he would just have the service person spray the room. I told him that we had put the air fresheners in there and it helped a little. Again, he said he would tell the service people. So, we went out for the day and when we returned, the odor was still there. The management definitely needs to have the carpets and upholstery in this room professionally cleaned. We also noticed the odor as we came off the elevator and saw other room doors open while the service people were there cleaning, so I guess the odor wasn't just in our room.

Other than this minor glitch, the room was clean. It was very spacious, with a full kitchen and the bathroom had a wall to wall vanity. There was plenty of drawer and closet space and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The soundproofing is also very good as we couldnt hear any noise from other rooms. We could hear doors closing in the hallways. The complimentary breakfast was what you'd expect with muffins, bagels, an assorment of cereals, fruits, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles. We had the breakfast our first morning there. There are several restaurants in the area from fast food to elegant sit down. There are also several convenience stores, grocery stores, pharmacies and gas stations up and down the road. The Grand Stay is about a quarter of a mile from I-75.

The Red Sox training facilities and spring training games ballpark is about 1.5 miles down the road, which was very convenient for us. As I said we enjoyed our stay very much and would definitely stay again. Hopefully, they'll have the odor out of the rooms by then. When we checked out, the desk clerk said he had noticed we had booked online. He said if we book with them directly next time, they will give us a better deal than we received online.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti Y, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. We value your input as we can not correct items that need attention without your feedback.
The odor issue has been addressed and corrected.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the GrandStay Hotel and Suites, Fort Myers, Florida for one night prior to a flight home. I did not checkout when departing for my flight the next morning, as the big storm in the NE made numerous flight cancellations possible and indeed, my flight was cancelled. I returned to my room with no problem and made a reservation on Priceline for another night. That reservations was accepted and confirmed by PriceLine. Out of courtesy, I phoned the front desk to inform them and ask if I would be switching rooms. They informed my that they would not honour the PriceLine confirmed reservation. When I seemed shocked by this, someone that I was told was the 'manager/owner' came on the line to tell me that PriceLine should not have made the reservation and that if I wanted to stay, I had to upgrade at my expense to one of the three rooms they had remaining. While the upgrade amounted to only $24, I was again shocked that they would do this, especially when people were stranded due to flight cancelations. Talk about taking advantage. I informed that I would be checking out

While I was in the process of checking out, two more parties arrived with confirmed online reservations and were told that their reservations either did not exist or would not be honoured. Since a woman had arrived the night before with her son and been told the same thing, I am suspicious.

What was most galling, is that in the instance of the woman who arrived late at night with her son, when she asked plaintively what she was supposed to do, as she has no car, it was late and did not know here way around, they offered no assistance. At the very least, they could have offered her to use the comfortable lounge and wireless internet.

This management of this hotel clearly did not care about the plight of these people.

By contrast, upon hearing of my problem, PriceLine, via their agent booking.co, proactively called me and offered to do whatever they could to help. They made arrangements with the Floridian Hotel nearby and phoned that hotel to ensure that there was a spot. The staff at the Floridian were the polar opposite of the staff at the GrandStay. They welcomed me with open arms, checked in to make sure that everything was okay. The atmosphere there was professional, friendly and supportive.

The final straw with the GrandStay was when I went back to check if I had left my cellphone charger in the room. While I was waiting for them to check, a woman who was booked to stay there two weeks came down to ask if she could possibly have a glass made of glass, as opposed to the styrofoam cups in the bathroom. She was told no.

STAY AWAY. Go to the Floridian. It is spitting distance, but a world apart.

Room Tip: Don't Go.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Patti Y, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

The guest came to the Front Desk and asked our staff about staying another night, she was told that we did not have that type of room available for another night but that we did have another room available.
She decided to go to the intranet and try to book a room online. The GDS site she booked on overbooked that particular room type for our hotel for that given night. She was upset with us, however, we tried to accommodate her, but unable to keep her in the same room for another night as that room was not available. She did not want to move to another room type which was the only way we could accommodate her.
We apologized for the inconvenience, but did our best to accommodate her.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

One of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at, great service, comfy beds, traditional continental breakfast, nice decor, bath & body works soap, shampoo, etc. Good bang for the buck. Was surprised they had traditional shower heads for such a nice hotel. But I will take cleaniness over nice shower head anytime. Would definately go back

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Patti Y, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

We appreciate the review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The GrandStay looks forward to your return visit and choosing the GrandStay Hotel & Suites here in Ft. Myers Florida.