I stayed at the GrandStay Hotel and Suites, Fort Myers, Florida for one night prior to a flight home. I did not checkout when departing for my flight the next morning, as the big storm in the NE made numerous flight cancellations possible and indeed, my flight was cancelled. I returned to my room with no problem and made a reservation on Priceline for another night. That reservations was accepted and confirmed by PriceLine. Out of courtesy, I phoned the front desk to inform them and ask if I would be switching rooms. They informed my that they would not honour the PriceLine confirmed reservation. When I seemed shocked by this, someone that I was told was the 'manager/owner' came on the line to tell me that PriceLine should not have made the reservation and that if I wanted to stay, I had to upgrade at my expense to one of the three rooms they had remaining. While the upgrade amounted to only $24, I was again shocked that they would do this, especially when people were stranded due to flight cancelations. Talk about taking advantage. I informed that I would be checking out
While I was in the process of checking out, two more parties arrived with confirmed online reservations and were told that their reservations either did not exist or would not be honoured. Since a woman had arrived the night before with her son and been told the same thing, I am suspicious.
What was most galling, is that in the instance of the woman who arrived late at night with her son, when she asked plaintively what she was supposed to do, as she has no car, it was late and did not know here way around, they offered no assistance. At the very least, they could have offered her to use the comfortable lounge and wireless internet.
This management of this hotel clearly did not care about the plight of these people.
By contrast, upon hearing of my problem, PriceLine, via their agent booking.co, proactively called me and offered to do whatever they could to help. They made arrangements with the Floridian Hotel nearby and phoned that hotel to ensure that there was a spot. The staff at the Floridian were the polar opposite of the staff at the GrandStay. They welcomed me with open arms, checked in to make sure that everything was okay. The atmosphere there was professional, friendly and supportive.
The final straw with the GrandStay was when I went back to check if I had left my cellphone charger in the room. While I was waiting for them to check, a woman who was booked to stay there two weeks came down to ask if she could possibly have a glass made of glass, as opposed to the styrofoam cups in the bathroom. She was told no.
STAY AWAY. Go to the Floridian. It is spitting distance, but a world apart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes away from the airport, Spring Training, Edison/Ford Estates, Shell Factory, Barbara B. Mann Theater and many other attractions. GrandStay(R) Hotel and Suites Fort Myers Florida, offers spacious hotel suites, perfect for the business traveler or a family vacation. This all-suite hotel features complimentary Gourmet Express Breakfast daily, high-speed Internet with Business Center. Only 2 miles away from the Southwest Florida (RSW) International Airport off I-75(exit 131) and Daniels Parkway, GrandStay Hotel and Suites is also conveniently located close to a variety of dining and entertainment attractions. If you enjoy golfing, Southern Florida has over 130 golf courses; with many just miles away from the hotel! Fort Myers is also known for its great shopping, Broadway shows, trails for biking & walking, fine dining, fishing and amazing white-sand beaches. Baseball fans will feel right at home during the months of February and March as Fort Myers welcomes Major League Baseball's Spring Training Camp. The Minnesota Twins, playing at Hammond Stadium only 3 miles away, and the Boston Red Sox, playing at Jet Blue Park within a mile of the hotel, prepare for the regular season.We welcome groups, sport's team, motor coach tours and more. GrandStay(R) Hotel and Suites Airport in Fort Myers, Florida offers a variety of room types. From our standard king or queen suites with a microwave and small fridge to our extended-stay suites with a full kitchen including microwave, full-size refrigerator, stove top, dishware and utensils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandstay Hotel And Suites
- Grandstay Hotel Fort Myers
- Wynstar Hotel Fort Myers
- Wynstar Fort Myers