“A Little Rough Around the Edges”
Review of Allure Suites

Allure Suites
Ranked #48 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
chattanooga
“A Little Rough Around the Edges”
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Spent one night here. On the exterior/surface the hotel looks to be nice. Nice entry, spacious lobbies on each floor, etc. But here is where it ends.
1. Elevator buttons workmost but not always. Caved into the wall lobby elevator buttons need repair.
2. Nearly empty place but ice machine works on one floor?
3. The dehumidifier in each room, which we turned off so we could sleep instead of hearing cycle on and off. Mold issues or what?
4.Breakfast is 6-9am, period. Weekends same, not too family friendly.
5.Backache just about guaranteed with the inexpensive mattresses, got mine.

• Liked — The outside
  • Disliked — The inside
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gshaftner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waynesboro, Viriginia
Reviewed July 27, 2008

This hotel is one of the greatest values I have found in years.
My wife and I stayed with expectations of finding a nice hotel and we found a great hotel, in that everything was exceptionally clean, the staff was fantastic and the price for it made it even more of a great value.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean above standard place to stay.

Also, we were surprised that a full hot breakfast was included in the price. It was wonderful and so much to choose from.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
TampaBuc
Reviewed May 3, 2008

My Wife and I needed some R&R, so we came down from Tampa for the weekend to try the hotels Key West Package. It was great. We had a hard time finding the place so we called the hotel and the clerk was knowledgable of the area and talked us though it. Once we arrived they had everything taking care of, when we got to are room we had a bottle of chilled champagne! the rooms are very nice and spacious... The next morning they drove us to the marina where we boarded a huge sleek looking boat, the staff on the boat where very nice and helpful, but remeber ONLY cash is excepted on the ship for drinks and snacks... but we walked all over keywest and learned a little history and of course searched for slooppy joes!! we boarded the ship after watching the sunset and headed back to Ft. Myers... The hotel shuttle was waiting for us at the marina when we arrived, we thought this was great so we could have a good time in the keys and not worry about driving... When we got back we were greeted by the young man at the front desk and asked if everything was on are trip.. The hotel is a little hard to find, the hotel is very clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful! My wife and I found this to be a great affordable getaway..

• Liked — Large Suites
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
La Crosse
Reviewed April 20, 2008

This hotel has major issues and should be inspected by BW personnel for quality control. On our stay with 4 guests (e.g., wife, 4-year-old-son, father, self) in March 2008 (in order of experience) there was no personal interaction for hotel staff and customer (e.g., guest had to special request extra door cards, with grief; no mentioning of amenities); to note, the pool closes at sundown - no swimming at dark (very strange, since most pools/whirlpools close at 9-10 p.m. or so); areas around ground floor were very unkempt (e.g., papers and cans of pop left around lobby/elevator); there were no extra blankets/pillows/sheets for the fold-out sofa in the room (I checked in closet, nearly breaking the "faux mirrow closet door"); the manager told me there "weren't any blankets/sheets/pillows available;" I had to suggest going to another room for locating some and the on-duty person did, ultimately, deliver to room--but very solemnly; the next morning, upon opening the drapes, the brackets and drapes in the living room fell down; it was noticed that this had happened earlier, since there were other holes created for anchor locations. The manager was not available to discuss this or earlier problems, upon checkout of hotel. To note: after 1 month, the hotel HAD NOT entered BW points either.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank wattswatts
Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Our room (suite?!) was dark and damp. They called it a suite I guess but there was nothing in it that would make it one, as it just had 2 beds and a table (and a dehumidifier, which was odd). The beds were the most uncomfortable I've ever tried to sleep on. I'm very glad I brought my own blankets because I didn't even want to touch the bedspread. For the amount of money they charge per night, it was ridiculous how gross the place was.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Ontario
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Good: Very friendly staff, Nice Lobby.

Average: Rooms, Bed, Pillows

Bad: Water trickled out of shower head, the Pool was so disgusting and dirty we didn't even go in. The Hot tub was a warm tub with dead skin floating all thoughout it. Breakfast was not good (except the waffles).

I'd recommend staying at the Best Western All Suites in Tampa. Now that's a great Hotel

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed August 30, 2007

We were traveling from Sarasota (~70 miles NorthWest) to Cape Coral/Ft Myers area for my 7yr old's football game and needed a place to crash the night prior to an early morning game. Didn't want to spend much but did want a clean hotel for myself, wife and other kids.

I searched and found this hotel on priceline for $58/night and read some good and average reviews. I was a little nervous but am very glad I tried the hotel. We arrived and checked in w/ no problems, went out to dinner at Skyline Chili on Cleveland Ave (any of you Ohio folks will appreciate) and back to hotel to settle in. Coming back from dinner the manager at the front desk stopped us and asked if the kids would like some popcorn and cookies and then handed them each a sealed package of microwave popcorn and Milano cookies. You would have thought she was Mrs. Claus by the looks in their eyes! I have never come across that kind of service/friendliness from a non-high end hotel chain.

The hotel was in good shape and clean. We were on the side of the hotel by the busy road (College Pkwy) but the windows are like armored glass so you can't hear any traffic noise which was great. There was a dehumidifier in our room but I didn't care as it was good sleeping white noise. This hotels website does say microwave/refridge, etc. but it wasn't in our room but no bother for me at such a good price.

I'll end by stating I couldn't have been more pleased by the value I felt I received. Great value if the price is right and you don't feel like you need top-o-the-line hotel accomodations.

Stayed August 2007
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Myers Cape Coral
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area

Been to Allure Suites? Share your experiences!