“Not Good”
Review of Allure Suites

Allure Suites
Ranked #48 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Good: Very friendly staff, Nice Lobby.

Average: Rooms, Bed, Pillows

Bad: Water trickled out of shower head, the Pool was so disgusting and dirty we didn't even go in. The Hot tub was a warm tub with dead skin floating all thoughout it. Breakfast was not good (except the waffles).

I'd recommend staying at the Best Western All Suites in Tampa. Now that's a great Hotel

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2007

We were traveling from Sarasota (~70 miles NorthWest) to Cape Coral/Ft Myers area for my 7yr old's football game and needed a place to crash the night prior to an early morning game. Didn't want to spend much but did want a clean hotel for myself, wife and other kids.

I searched and found this hotel on priceline for $58/night and read some good and average reviews. I was a little nervous but am very glad I tried the hotel. We arrived and checked in w/ no problems, went out to dinner at Skyline Chili on Cleveland Ave (any of you Ohio folks will appreciate) and back to hotel to settle in. Coming back from dinner the manager at the front desk stopped us and asked if the kids would like some popcorn and cookies and then handed them each a sealed package of microwave popcorn and Milano cookies. You would have thought she was Mrs. Claus by the looks in their eyes! I have never come across that kind of service/friendliness from a non-high end hotel chain.

The hotel was in good shape and clean. We were on the side of the hotel by the busy road (College Pkwy) but the windows are like armored glass so you can't hear any traffic noise which was great. There was a dehumidifier in our room but I didn't care as it was good sleeping white noise. This hotels website does say microwave/refridge, etc. but it wasn't in our room but no bother for me at such a good price.

I'll end by stating I couldn't have been more pleased by the value I felt I received. Great value if the price is right and you don't feel like you need top-o-the-line hotel accomodations.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed May 3, 2007

A co-worker and I happened upon this hotel while on a business trip. We checked into another local hotel that was recommended by the conference we were going to only to find bugs, inoperable phones & vending machines, questionable people hanging around outside our rooms (one of which wouldn't even lock), etc! I got online and did a search for somewhere else - ANYWHERE else, really - for our two-night stay. The clerk at the front desk was very pleasant and said she would hold two rooms for us. When we got there, we didn't have any of the required paperwork for the "government rate" but she said we could contact HR and submit it the following day.

The rooms (one-bedroom suites) were absolutely wonderful and very spacious. There is a full kitchen (everything works... I checked!) with dishes and utensils and a dishwasher, a desk with dataport (though they also have wifi... they said they had wired only, but there is a wifi coming from somewhere!), couch and reasonably sized television. Then there is a separate bedroom (with a locking door) that has a queen bed, dresser, nightstands, another reasonably large television, etc. Off the bedroom is a very spacious bathroom with a closet (that has full-length mirrored doors), ironing board (in working order - I used it this morning), and nice, large towels. Hairdryer works, too. There is a makeup mirror with a swivel arm that extends in front of the sink to do your makeup. There was a nice adjustable shower nozzle, and the water was pleasantly hot at 7:00am, with excellent water pressure.

The continental breakfast was one of the best I've ever seen. They had make-them-yourself waffles, an assortment of fruits, cereals, yogurt, bagels, pastries... they had flavored creamer for your coffee and flavored cream cheeses for the bagels.

The staff was very pleasant, what little we interacted with them.

There is a Publix practically in the same parking lot. Very convenient. You do have to turn right, though, if you leave via the entry/exit closest to the hotel. That takes you over a toll bridge. So don't turn right unless you need to go that way... go down to one of the other exits from the shopping complex! The bridge people got $2 from us this morning b/c we had to do a U-turn as soon as we crossed the bidge. Grr. All in all, though, it was a wonderful stay and I would definitely do it again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank starynightcafe
Reviewed April 18, 2007

First thing we noticed was that there was no microwave and fridge. Their website says all rooms come equipped with both. There was a dehumidifier in the room which I thought was odd. Then I found out why. The carpeting was wet. The next morning we discovered how the carpeting had gotten that way. It stormed in the early morning hours and the window leaked. The windowsill was covered with water and the curtain was soaked. Lastly, the ironing board was broken. Besides the problems, I wouldn't go to this hotel again because of its terrible location. It was very hard to find and you have to make a right turn out of the hotel and then a u-turn to get on the main road if you want to head into town.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank linnki
Reviewed April 12, 2007

Upon arrival I show the discout coupon book to the clerk which was new for April and at a reduced rate of 69 to which the clerk said "yes, we have availability" When he took the coupon and saw the 69 he said he could not honor that coupon. (The previous book discount was 40 MORE) and this book was not readily available to the masses but it was effective. He tried to AAA or ARAP us for 20 more. We did not bite and went down the road. Remember how many grains of sand there are!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2007

We stayed at this hotel the evening of March 1, 2007 because we wanted to take the kids to Sanibel Island for some shelling. We checked into the hotel with no problems. The problems didn't start until after we arrived back at the hotel from Sanibel Island. After putting our 2 little ones to bed for the evening, I pulled back the bedspread of our bed to find that there were no sheets
on the bed and cigarette burns on the bedspread (in a non-smoking room). I called the front desk & was told they would send the sheets up. I asked if I'd have to make the bed myself & was told that "we could probably do it for you." A young man came to our room w/the sheets & I helped him make up our bed as he seemed a bit confused. About a 1/2 hour later, we went to use the toilet & the toilet wouldn't flush. We called the front desk again & the same young man came up w/a plunger. The flapper inside the tank was broke & had to be replaced. The young man left & about 10 minutes later the front desk called to tell us they would send a plumber in the morning. I told them we were only there for one night and we were then told they would give us a key for the room across the hall in case we had to use a toilet. ?? I started laughing and was told "we're trying to help you." After we got the key for the room across the hall, my husband went across the hallway, took the flapper from that toilet and installed it in our room. After spending $159.17 for this room, one wouldn't think you'd have to repair the toilet yourself. Upon check-out, there wasn't even an apology for this horrid stay.

2  Thank KirsopMuskego
Reviewed March 1, 2007

took 11 year old son to spring training and did a quickie trip for 4 days...the stay was adequate but not superb. We felt the hotel could have been improved on...the pillows on the beds were wadded up in small "ball-like" fashion and the sheets were not fresh and crisp, seemed old and used as did the bedspreads. The one on my son's bed had 2 large burn holes at the top as did mine with a smaller hole...though it was a nonsmoking hotel. We were on the 5th floor and constantly smelled smoke of cigarettes in the halls. The shower curtain was moldy. The coke machine on our floor did not work the entire time of our stay, although we informed the front desk. I called front desk 5 times one late night for a wake-up call for morning and no one answered so I had to go down to inform them and she just shrugged her shoulders. My son was excited to swim in the pool but it was dumpy and uninviting so nobody was ever in it.
The good part was it was quiet and in a fairly good location to get to the baseball park and airport.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#35 of 59 in Fort Myers
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel

Been to Allure Suites? Share your experiences!