“Good value! Great location!”
Review of Super 8 Fort Myers

Super 8 Fort Myers
Ranked #47 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose this due to central location & was not disappointed. It was clean, had a friendly, helpful staff and an overall good value. I felt safe and was comfortable. I would recommend to friend & family. I heard one customer complain about allowing large trucks to park in front & take up too many parking spaces. While it did not impact me, I can see that could create a small inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked this hotel for a recent one-night stay in Ft. Myers on our way to Naples. The hotel was not overly fancy but the day staff were extremely friendly. Since our flight came in so late the night before, we did not make it down for the breakfast in the morning before it was over. The desk manager (Nancy) went into the back room and gave us a cinnamon bun to hold us over until the airport taxi showed up. She also helped us call the taxi and was helpful with general information about the area. We would stay here again. Thanks Tripadvisor!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

after reading alot of the other reviews... come on people dont expect champagne for a cheap beer price. The beds were comfortable, everything in the room was in good working order. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The brakfast clearly states what times its available... I didnt get up in time for it but its my fault not the hotels! too many people on here are so quick to write something bad.... if you want the HILTON GO PAY FOR IT..... THIS SUPER 8 WAS GREAT!!!! would stay again when we come back. we arrived at 2 am had a quick and easy check in and the whole stay ws great...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Danny P, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and pleased to see that your stay was excellent. Hope to sere you soon again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Don't even know where to start...not friendly at check in or check out. Beware they even take photo copies of your license and your credit card even if the room was bought and paid for in advance. If we didn't book in advance I would of left after that I don't feel safe with the identity theft out there; that would of saved me from a sleepless night. Room was soaked from condensation (the hotel said it was because we shut off a/c...we did not). I have breathing problems and my day the next day was HORRIBLE. Loud people and nothing was done...slamming doors,and making noise till 2 am. I wonder where the security was...guess they don't have any! One computer to use on property( I didn't have problem , but girl was complaining about it in the slow elevator ride to the second floor.) Breakfast area had about 15 pieces of bread left 35 minutes before the end of the free breakfast, and it looked as though NO ONE attended it. Food was all over, waffle batter all over too. I refused to eat there, and I saw other people with the same look of disgust. They say you get what you pay for $55. and I'm sorry but I DON'T even feel I got that!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

No, it's not a ruby or a diamond, but it really is a hard to beat motel. I arrived at about 7 PM and was amazed when the Front Desk Manager greeted me by name. Obviously, she had done her homework and knew which guests still had not arrived. All of my many questions were answered effortlessly by this customer service guru. Despite the hustle and bustle front desk activity, the agent expeditiously checked me into a room. The biggest surprise to me was that there were No Unexpected Surprises. The room was presented just as I had book and at the agreed amount fee. The hotel is ideally located close to I-75 and within 15 minutes of RSW Airport. There are plenty of shops, grocery stores, malls, and a variety of eateries. The room was clean, and provided cable TV, radio, coffee maker, ice cold a/c, hair dryer, small frig, small microwave oven, an iron and ironing board (just about all the comforts that I could ask for in a motel). Close by to my room was an ice machine and laundry facility containing 2 washers and two dryers. The lobby area was always monitored, local newspapers were available as well as a large selection of brochures describing area attractions. I know that I've said that there were no surprises. I usually don't like motel surprises. OH well, I need to report one important surprise element that made my stay nearly perfect. That is, the skillful manager that checked me in on arrival. Her name is Lynette. She has superior customer service and managerial skills. Despite being constantly busy, she never missed an opportunity to be helpful. All the while, she maintained a strong and cheerful presence. The smile on her face was constant, radiant, and lit up the room like a neon sign flashing, "Welcome, How may I make your stay pleasurable?" And then she proceeds to make those words a reality. Who needs precious gems when Lynette is on duty? Thank you Super 8 Fort Myers and thank you Lynette.

Room Tip: If you forget a basic trip necessity, ask the front desk. I was loaned a wine corkscrew by the front...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed M
Danny14416, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you very much for a wonderful review of our hotel. This kind of efforts from customer keeps us motivated. This means a lot to our employees and keeps them doing a wonderful job. Thanks again, and hope to serve you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I normally don't take time to review places I normally encounter once in a lifetime, however I find it necessary to write about my last vacation stay at the above mention local. Initially rate was affordable so we decided to book it. Upon arrival and check in all was normal, arriving at the room I noticed a issue that obviously had been overlooked by the housekeeping staff member. I immediately brought it to the shift supervisor attention "Fabi" (I believe is her name) who immediately offered an apology and and a matching rate stay. Not what I was looking for however she took and assumed full responsibility and did not "pass the buck" as often times I've witness during in my daily affairs traveling as often as I do usually get the " well need to talk to my manager and get back to you" I would off happily paid regular rate if needed as I needed to extend my stay for one more day after interacting with "Fabi". To the hotel Manager you have a great, take charge person on staff, exceptional customer service oriented team members like Fabi are hard to find.
To you and your staff, the Best of Success!

Respectfully,

Rafael Bonilla
908-451-8645

• Stayed: May 2013
Danny14416, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review for our hotel. Faby sure is a great asset for our business. She is one of few you will be able find to work with. Hope to serve you soon again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013